Notices

vibration thats driving me mad

Search this Thread

Old 04 October 2007, 11:35 PM
Kjartan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vibration thats driving me mad

I have this vibration thats driving me mad, had the car on a lift today and didn't see anything that could be the source of it only slight rubbing on one of the rear driveshafts rubs slightly with the exhaust but not enough to make this vibration , getting massive vibration from the rear when im accelerating and when im travelling slow in 2nd gear it vibrates and shakes slightly and im not finding what the cause can be anyone that has any idea what this can be seems to come from the rear and is very bad on launches
Old 06 October 2007, 01:04 AM
Kjartan
Scooby Regular

found out what it was.. wrong rear differential oil change today and found a lot of metal parts on the magnet in the rear drive... apparently the gearbox doesnt fit my rear diff like I was told..
Old 06 October 2007, 08:19 AM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

My first scoob came with a mismatched drivetrain and a 'warranty' that wasn't worth the paper it was written on...... After the drivetrain got some heat in to it the car would start to feel like you were driving with the handbrake on and if you stopped and went to do tight/reverse turns etc it would feel like the whole drivetrain was seized up!

So, mistake one was being unlucky enough to find this car that only exhibited the problem once properly warmed up, the second, far more major mistake was coming across the OLD scoobysport outfit run by a certain Mr Pete Croney.... 1 RA gearbox and diff, then UK gearbox and diff and EIGHT THOUSAND POUNDS LATER I got my car working again....... I didn't know about scoobynet at the time and had noone else to turn to for advice and little knowledge of the car back then. They tried telling me the car was a wrx ra and that's why they put that setup in, but only a demented fool would drive that on the motorway for any distance so I ended up with the UK setup.

Anyway, sorry for the waffle, but my god that was a black period in all my years of scooby ownership.
Old 06 October 2007, 03:22 PM
Kjartan
Scooby Regular

Well my black period is now.. was hoping it had ended.. first my gearbox went.. then my engine died and I bought a 2007 WRX engine and gearbox and I was told the gearbox matched the rear diff but now I found out it didnt, always when the car had been driven for couple of minutes it would begin to rattle and shake and I've killed the rear diff and now I have to find a matching rear diff here in Iceland and thats not easy