Notices

Idle problem wrx jdm classic

Search this Thread

Old 20 September 2007, 05:34 PM
beav-r
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idle problem wrx jdm classic

Can any one shed some light on above problem? The car runs spot on through rev range untill coming to idle, it drops down to its idle point ( 800rpm ish ) then increases to 1200rpm and slowly drops back to 1000.
Ive done a fault code check and code 11 comes up ( crank position sensor ) an thats it, could that have any thing to do with the idle?

HELP PLEASE
Old 20 September 2007, 05:52 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dodgy idle could be coolant temp sensor (i had no CEL with that sensor) that was on a 93wrx.
Not sure about the crank sensor as i thought that wouldn't allow the car to start (may be wrong though)
Old 20 September 2007, 06:20 PM
beav-r
Scooby Regular

Thanks for replyin i do have a starting problem after short journey, got a new crank and cam sensor on its way through post. Ive ad a dodgy coolant temp sensor go wrong before about 12 mths ago cooling fan ran all the time, ad them replaced and that sorted it. ive tried allsorts of things like cleaning idle speed valve, boost valve, pressure solanoid, throttle body and no change. Ive even done a maf test by diconnecting it while runnig, and it just cut out so i dont think its that, i may be wrong though.

Thing is i do alot of short runs to and from work, about 10miles a day. Could it be that its coked up and just wants a good run?
Old 20 September 2007, 06:43 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

I've found doing the MAF test actually brings up a code (when checked by the Subaru diagnostic gear but no CEL).

Wouldn't have thought it wuld be coked up but you never know (and it's an excuse to go for a drive ).I would expect when you replace the sensors it should clear the problem up.
Old 20 September 2007, 07:42 PM
beav-r
Scooby Regular

Think i may av fixed it, just swaped mi idle valve solanoid with a spare one i ad knockin around and while fitting it i noticed that if i turned it anticlockwise
the revs droped, so i set it to wot i think is normal rpm 700 ish and went for a raz, now it does wot it should do when coming to rest, no increase in revs at idle Maybe ive done the wrong thing

Forgot to mention, I ad a 3inch de-cat and system with a 2inch ggr up pipe, light weight flywheel, welbro fuel pump, full service cambelt the lot done about 3 mths ago, would that of affected the idle?
Old 20 September 2007, 07:43 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Shouldn't have, but if it's fine now it does look like you've solved it
Old 20 September 2007, 07:51 PM
beav-r
Scooby Regular

Looks that way Get crank and cam sensors changed, ecu reset and a good thrashin an see how she goes

Cheers bud, nice talkin to ya