U8 Ecu in a Wagon

Search this Thread

Old 11 September 2007, 12:38 PM
simog
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default U8 Ecu in a Wagon

Hi all,

Quick question...and feel free to slaughter me if you all think I am daft, but can a U8 Ecu be fitted to a 95 WRX wagon with a manual boost controller fitted to control boost levels?
Old 11 September 2007, 12:43 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The u8 will fit but is your turbo a td05 as that is what the ecu is mapped for (although mine runs a vf12).

You are better off getting an esl chip (www.enduringsolutions.com) or going to PolarPerformance for better options
Old 11 September 2007, 01:36 PM
Scott.T@PolarPerformance
Scooby Regular

it will fit and work with a manual boost controller but you won't be achieving anything other then what would be achieved running the manual boost controller on the standard wagon ECU.
If your Wagon is a 94-96 model then chances are the fuel/ignition map is atually better then the U8.
Old 11 September 2007, 01:46 PM
simog
Scooby Regular

Hi scott,

Thanks for the reply. Reason I asked is because it actually has a chip installed tuned by a company called Garage Works called a RedZone. I realise that I wouldn't be achieving much here but was wondering if I could get around the fuel cut level by using this combined with my mbc?

I realize that a better solution is to get a scoobyecu fitted and mapped for my td04 wagon but as a short fall, can I do this?

Also, other benfit was that my b3 ecu didn't have the socket for the upgrade soldered on, so I bought this one more so that I wouldn't have to alter the original ecu and can return to standard should any problems arise.

Comments welcome
Old 11 September 2007, 06:51 PM
Scott.T@PolarPerformance
Scooby Regular

I saw a remapped ECU which I think was by Garage Works it certainly had a big Red/white label on it. Stuck around the lid acting as a secutriy seal IIRC.

the map inside was probably one of the worst I have seen.... I am not trying to big-up my own product hear LOL....

But it was genuinley bad..the boost target was well beyond the abilities of the standard map sensor IIRC the target was around 21psi.

Saying that though.... we did remap it and use the same ECU casing, so there is a chance it could be one of my chips/maps inside.

Probably worth cracking it open and posting up some pics.......
The guy that had it complained that at motorway speed boost was all over the place when flooring it in 5th. Not suprising really when you look at the map.