Notices

Misfire and cat light.

Search this Thread

Old 16 August 2007, 10:04 PM
BigT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Misfire and cat light.

Not used me car for a week or so. Thought I would take it out for a run tonight. Just going for some petrol warmed it up and went to floor it and it just misfired and jerked. Drove a bit more and total lack of power seemed to be fireing on 3 cylinders and cat light came on. Pulled over and there seemed to be a bit of smoke from under near the drivers side. Changed the oil a couple of weeks ago and it's just had a new clutch fitted last week. I tried my best to get it just under the F maker but I think it may have a little to much it. Any Idea's Coil Pack gone faulty, Plugs, boost valve got oil in? Not a happy bunny only had it 3 weeks.
Old 17 August 2007, 12:14 AM
swisstonihasher
Scooby Regular

Hey BigT, from my experience, first time I had misfire and slight jolt was plugs - they were clearly worn though once removed, easy to check yours. The total lack of power and smoke tells me more could be at fault. Check your plugs for signs of oil and also check your header tank for oil in the water - both are bad signs though.

The better and hopefully the correct answer for large lack in power would be your new clutch could be fitted wrong and causing drag or clutch slip, both you would notice or smell though.

Do the above before spending anything...see how you get on.
Old 17 August 2007, 05:56 PM
BigT
Scooby Regular

Appears to be the coil pack borrowed one and it seems to be running ok again. Fingers crossed