Notices

Urgent question if poss, are Defi Oil temp and water temp senders the same item?

Search this Thread

Old 01 August 2007, 10:19 AM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Urgent question if poss, are Defi Oil temp and water temp senders the same item?

Hi folks. After being verbally beaten to within an inch of my life to fit Defi gauges instead of my preferred ones, I got a 'too good to be true' bundle off Ebay as I wasn't made of money. Anytway, reliable trader, items clearly stated.

Kit turns up and where I expected to find the Oil temp sender, all I found was a cut cable.......

I have a Water temp sender and I am not going to be using that. From a defi manual it appears that the oil temp sender and water temp sender are one and the same.

If someone could confirm this for me before lunchtime I would really appreciate it as I am picking Fluffy up from the garage and they are going to stick the senders on for me so I can just deal with the wiring.

Cheers,

Nick

P.S. Stuck in here as technically in the engine bay and was gambling on a faster answer in this forum! l