Inlet manifold phases..

Search this Thread

Old 17 July 2007, 10:21 AM
austrianscooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inlet manifold phases..

Hi!
Can someone explain which Phases (1, 1.5, 2) were fitted in which MY?
I've got a MY98 EUDM Turbo (should be the same as UK Turbo!?) which Phase I've got??
I'll tell you what I think:
MY94-96 Phase 1
MY97-98 Phase 1.5
MY99-today Phase 2
Am I right?

THanks for your help!

Greeting
Steve
Old 17 July 2007, 10:32 AM
Shmerman
Scooby Regular

Correct MY98 phase 1.5
Mike
Old 17 July 2007, 10:44 AM
austrianscooby
Scooby Regular

thanks mate!
can you tell me which injectors will fit my Phase 1.5?
Old 17 July 2007, 11:07 AM
Shmerman
Scooby Regular

Phase 1 and 1.5 will go straight in. Phase 2 will go in with an adaptor kit that can by bought for around £30.
Old 17 July 2007, 11:54 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Phase 2 is MY 99 and 00. After that you are in to the New Age cars.
Version 1 and 2 cars were 93-96, version 3 97, version 4 98 (both of which were very similar), version 5 model year 99, version 6 model year 00 both 5 and 6 were very similar. Then New Age version 7 and so on. I think they are on version 12 now.
Old 18 July 2007, 01:09 PM
trails
Scooby Regular

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by harvey
Phase 2 is MY 99 and 00. After that you are in to the New Age cars.
Version 1 and 2 cars were 93-96, version 3 97, version 4 98 (both of which were very similar), version 5 model year 99, version 6 model year 00 both 5 and 6 were very similar. Then New Age version 7 and so on. I think they are on version 12 now.
blimey can't believe I'm about to correct you Harvey but from the horse's mouth (Mike Wood); version numbers stopped at 6, all subsequent cars are identified by MY

how's it going anyway?
Old 18 July 2007, 02:38 PM
austrianscooby
Scooby Regular

where do I get this adaptor for my phase 1.5? how does it look like?
I thought you need other fuelrails?
What about the newage injectors? can they get fitted to a 1.5 with an adaptor kit?
any problems with adaptor kits?? i heard some cylinders get less fuel and are damaged if there are other injectors!? as I heard it should be also a fuelrail problem!?
Old 19 July 2007, 09:06 AM
austrianscooby
Scooby Regular

up
Old 19 July 2007, 09:41 AM
Shmerman
Scooby Regular

AFAIK You can't put new age injectors in as they are topfeed(?) and the classic are side feed injectors.
You can get the adaptors from here Carls Scooby Site ver.2

I have never heard of these adaptors causing a car to run lean......this should all be taken care of in the mapping.
My knowledge is limited but im sure someone else can confirm the above.
Mike
Old 19 July 2007, 10:28 AM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Trails : I am doing better than the weather but I have been in and out of hospital over the last 2.5 mths because an operation to fit a titanium joint in my foot went wrong. NOT the fault of the consultants or anybody and the care at Northallerton in a military wing was 100%. Nothing wrong with the nurse, doctors or consultants but the NHS physios were a couple of jobsworths and went round together so they may have been dykes. Tried to keep me in over a weekend as a "punishment so I legged it (pun)Anyway, so I think the problems lie with management.
I was in plasters and on crutches for seven weeks and other issues raised their head.
I may never have the agility/mobility I had previously and I am exercising every day. I now do my own dressing changes but was at the local surgery every other day for that until last week. What a bind that was.

There has to be some confusion or misunderstanding as to what Mike Wood, who I have the highest regard for, is saying.
Both John Pye, John Pye Motorsport, Stuart Newby, TEG Sport and others who build rally cars from a bare shell up refer to STi8, version 10 or verion 12 or whatever. (as well as M/Y)

Confusion somewhere.
Also the evolution and improvements from say STi 7 to the present/latest cars is quite startling.
Good luck mate. If you get to the bottom of it drop me an e-mail incase I miss it on here. harveysmith1@btopenworld.com
Old 19 July 2007, 10:42 AM
trails
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Shmerman
AFAIK You can't put new age injectors in as they are topfeed(?) and the classic are side feed injectors.
You can get the adaptors from here Carls Scooby Site ver.2

I have never heard of these adaptors causing a car to run lean......this should all be taken care of in the mapping.
My knowledge is limited but im sure someone else can confirm the above.
Mike
carl's kit is really good quality, if he is out of stock or off-shore you could always try Lateral or Zen Performance, they should be able to help.
Old 19 July 2007, 11:03 AM
trails
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by harvey
Hi Trails : I am doing better than the weather but I have been in and out of hospital over the last 2.5 mths because an operation to fit a titanium joint in my foot went wrong. NOT the fault of the consultants or anybody and the care at Northallerton in a military wing was 100%. Nothing wrong with the nurse, doctors or consultants but the NHS physios were a couple of jobsworths and went round together so they may have been dykes. Tried to keep me in over a weekend as a "punishment so I legged it (pun)Anyway, so I think the problems lie with management.
I was in plasters and on crutches for seven weeks and other issues raised their head.
I may never have the agility/mobility I had previously and I am exercising every day. I now do my own dressing changes but was at the local surgery every other day for that until last week. What a bind that was.

There has to be some confusion or misunderstanding as to what Mike Wood, who I have the highest regard for, is saying.
Both John Pye, John Pye Motorsport, Stuart Newby, TEG Sport and others who build rally cars from a bare shell up refer to STi8, version 10 or verion 12 or whatever. (as well as M/Y)

Confusion somewhere.
Also the evolution and improvements from say STi 7 to the present/latest cars is quite startling.
Good luck mate. If you get to the bottom of it drop me an e-mail incase I miss it on here. harveysmith1@btopenworld.com
NHS post-op care is a joke; one of my friends had a ACL reconstruction last year and they missed all his immediate post-op care which meant another op nine months later...he is only just able to return to work four months short of two years. He got to point where he was showing the new physio's the correct way to exercise his knee!

I've had a bit of a search for the post but can't find it so I've PM'd Mike

I'm going to drop you a mail for advice too as I'm having a few fettling issues here; 22B Bulletin Board: bolt on stage II mods...