Notices

PowerFC and Boost control kit

Search this Thread

Old 13 July 2007, 11:58 AM
Turboleksu
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question PowerFC and Boost control kit

I got my boost control kit for apexi Power FC up and running few days ago. Now I'm having problems with it.

I have enabled it at 'ETC settings' and there is no CE-light or anything. MAP-sensor seems to read ok as it shows same boost as my boost gauge.

I found these hints from web:
-----
In the commander set your desired boost pressures and a start duty. The key to this is to start at a low duty, test in a high gear such as 4th, if you don't hit target increase the start duty a little and re-test and so-on.

Once you hit target do some runs in say 3rd and 4th from below the boost threshold to max rpm and the PFC will then start to adjust the 3rd number, which is its internal correction, reducing it from 255. Once this number is less than 255 the PFC is in self learning mode, so DO NOT adjust the duty again as it will reset the learning to 255 and you have to start over.
-----

I can't get it to learning mode and I have now only 0,7bar boost while I have set the target boost to 1,2bar. I changed the duty cycle (?) and took few pulls on 4th gear but nothing.

Could someone please tell me how to get it learning and set up correctly?