Notices

no compression on no1

Search this Thread

Old 06 July 2007, 09:38 PM
thewhitewarrior
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no compression on no1

i did a compression test today on my95 sti and found that no1 had none at all, there is no smoking and no cream in the oil, so i would say this rules out the rings and the head gasket, can a valve get stuck open or some thing like that, or could it still be one of the others i mentioned, cheers phil.
Old 07 July 2007, 08:52 AM
Slowboy Racing
Former Sponsor

Location: 10.68 QT mile in 2007 2.33 Type R ** Current 2002 Spec C 2.33 Track prepped.

The car is running very bad then when you say non you mean zero compression, the compression tester is seated right on that cylinder?

With that said It could be any of the above, if it were a valve not closing this would give similar symptoms to running on three cylinders or a misfire it would generally be worse on idle and lower revs as you pick up to higher revs the engine will smooth out a little.

It could also be rings, pull a plug and check for oil on the thread line and the base even if it looks dry wipe it with your finger to see any oily residue.

If this draws no conclusion have a leak down test, this will give you a better on the head gasket and the above.
Old 07 July 2007, 06:49 PM
thewhitewarrior
Scooby Regular

ta very much, i cant remember if the plug had oil on it, as i have now started to strip the engine for removal i cant check either, it did drive ok but rough and it never smoked at all, the car has only done 51k miles, so im hoping its not the rings, ill have it out tomorrow and let you know what i find, thanks again, phil.
Old 10 July 2007, 09:30 PM
thewhitewarrior
Scooby Regular

i have found the problem, its the con rod that snapped as it used to run with a front mount i/c, vf34 turbo and massive 650 injectors, it all works together very well with really quick spool, but as the mot wont let you pass the emmissions with them injectors, they had to come out, it was a little slower but it passed, anyway now because it was very quick before its paid the price and snapped a standard con rod, thats why there was no compression in no1 piston, cheers phil.