Notices

Apexi AVCR Boost controller

Search this Thread

Old 22 June 2007, 08:52 PM
scuba_doo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Apexi AVCR Boost controller

Anyone got one of these Apexi AVCR boost controller's fitted to an sti with prodrive pack on ? If so are they worth the money and whats the spool up like when it's been setup , what sort of pressure are you running with what supporting mods ? cheers for any advise .
Old 23 June 2007, 08:23 AM
Mocom Racing
Former Sponsor

With a PPP map in the ECU I'd stick to around 1.2bar, what's wrong with the ECU's boost control?
Old 24 June 2007, 09:42 AM
scuba_doo
Scooby Regular

Did'nt say that there was anything up with the ecu's boot control . I've read what the apexi controller can do by being able to have 2 boost levels and and different duty cycles etc. Normally an after market stand alone unit that is just built for that job would do a better job then oe, so looking for input from anyone with one of these fitted as to if they are worth their money or not .
Old 24 June 2007, 04:35 PM
morto15
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scuba_doo
Did'nt say that there was anything up with the ecu's boot control . I've read what the apexi controller can do by being able to have 2 boost levels and and different duty cycles etc. Normally an after market stand alone unit that is just built for that job would do a better job then oe, so looking for input from anyone with one of these fitted as to if they are worth their money or not .
Ive got one fitted mainly cause i uprated my turbo and the standard solenoid couldnt cope, main features are that you can alter boost pressure accross the rev range or by the gears, for instance on the strip as i went into 5th gear i was crossing the line but not quite on full boost so by setting the avcr to give more peak boost in 4th and setting boost to spool up quicker in 5th i was on boost in 5th as i crossed the line (i think thats right) Paul at Zen set it up for me also you can have a couple of boost settings eg. one for the track a nd a more aggressive one for the strip, and of course you cant have enough gadgets and LED displays
Old 24 June 2007, 05:08 PM
scuba_doo
Scooby Regular

As the car is running the prodrive map in the ecu have been told that peaks at 1.4bar and drops back to 1.3bar , not intending on raising boost that much more, but would a peak of 1.5bar and stable of 1.4bar max be ok without remapping or say scramble set at 1.5 and keep the 1.4 peak and 1.3 stable as before ( prodrive setting pressures.)
Also if boost pressures altered by gear do you think the prodrive map would still cater for the increased boost at a lower rpm then before .
Car is 05 mod sti ppp with piper panel filter and magnex system with ppp front cat no other mods . yet!!!!!!!!