Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

i need help.

Search this Thread

Old 28 May 2007, 08:59 PM
m_moir
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i need help.

hi all, i have just signed up to this thing as i have been told that the people on owners clubs are allways very helpfull and friendly. i was wondering if anyone could shed any light on my scooby that i have. i have a 97 plate imported wrx not a sti and i was wondering what the power is, i have been told by one that its 240 but others have told me the imported ones are 280, i just wanna clear this up for my own mind.
Also i was wondering if anyone could help me on what boost pressure it is running and what i could safely turn it up to without risking any damage, at the moment i want to keep things clean so it is a good running and not get all problems like alot of my mates have when they have over done it with there cars and end up blowing it up.
I have had the car about a month now and it is my first performance car i am so glad i went for a scooby because i love it, but i have kinda gotten used to the power and it feels like its slowed down but i know it hasnt lol, so any help from you guys would be great if you could shed any light on the tecnical states and the like because as its a import i am not sure what to belive. many thanks and i hope to hear back.
Old 28 May 2007, 09:08 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

280ps (276bhp) best get use to it before you start messing around with it.
Old 28 May 2007, 11:42 PM
m_moir
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey thanks myblackwrx that makes me feel alot better lol, i was kinda hoping it would be on the bigger end of the scale lol, many thanks agin, any idea of what boost pressure it can safely be turned up to, and also why do you say better get used to it, that sounds bad lol, but bad in a good way if you see what i mean.
Old 29 May 2007, 08:15 AM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What i meant is that you mentioned it's your 1st performance car and you've only had it a month when i bought mine no-one mentioned they understeered when being pushed hard and in the 1st week nearly trashed it (in the wet,going too fast into a corner,me thinking 4wd made me Colin McCrae,etc).
A few subtle suspension mods will help you get more out of the car then justing upping the boost.
I don't know what boost they have as standard so can't tell you what you can turn it upto but the early wrxs can run 1.1 bar easily.