Notices

Boost Gauge plumbing

Search this Thread

Old 22 May 2007, 07:30 PM
wrx-ian
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boost Gauge plumbing

I`ve got a boost gauge fitted and it does not work correctly. It will not boost past 0psi. I`ve had then sender changed. But it still has the same problem. It is the gauge or where i`ve got it plumbed in. If you look in the pics of my engine bay it is the blue pipe connected onto the manifold on the left. It`s a 2003 WRX by the way. Should it be plumbed in on the right hand side coming of the dump valve or does it make much difference.

Old 22 May 2007, 09:17 PM
funkyspider
Scooby Regular

Where you have looks to be fine, although I cant see which pipe it is clearly.

Is it as shown here
Scoobypedia | Trusted knowledge for everything Subaru | Boost Gauge browse

There appears to be 2 mounting points which work, one being where you have it, the other being on the vacuum tube leading to the dumpvalve.

I went for the dumpvalve fit myself and it works fine. You could try that fit
easily enough, but I'd recommend not cutting the OE pipe that's on the dumpvalve at the moment. Use an additional short section of 6mm fuel pipe slide that onto the dumpvalve, the T piece into that and the other straight section of the T piece into the OE pipe. Then you can put the OE pipe back if needed when you've tried it.

Like So
http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/bob_raw...ure-tappin.jpg

(Thanks bob for keeping the image uploaded for so long )

If you need a 6mm -> 3mm T piece to fit it there lma motorsport will supply em if you give them a ring.
Old 23 May 2007, 08:14 AM
scousefly
Scooby Regular

Default Whilst

Plumbing it via the dumpvalve is a usual place it can cause the dumpvalve to misbehave in some circumstances. I found that plumbing into the pipe directly from the mainfold works better. If you look at the manifold in the centre there is a round hole, to its left and slightly down 1/2 inches is a pipe that has a rubber hose on it, take pipe off (its a push fit) t-piece in and refit job done. My defi's where fitted wrongly and with ethanrob's guideance I did this

Last edited by scousefly; 23 May 2007 at 08:15 AM. Reason: spwelling
Old 23 May 2007, 05:38 PM
wrx-ian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scousefly
Plumbing it via the dumpvalve is a usual place it can cause the dumpvalve to misbehave in some circumstances. I found that plumbing into the pipe directly from the mainfold works better. If you look at the manifold in the centre there is a round hole, to its left and slightly down 1/2 inches is a pipe that has a rubber hose on it, take pipe off (its a push fit) t-piece in and refit job done. My defi's where fitted wrongly and with ethanrob's guideance I did this
Cheera mate. That sounds like where i`ve got it plumbed in. Guess my gauge must be knackered then.
Old 24 May 2007, 02:28 PM
scousefly
Scooby Regular

Default I couldnt

see the pics yesterday I was in work but thats exactly how mine is plumbed in and I have now probs. As a rule it should read minus when not accelerating or under load then goes above zero when giving it some right foot
Check for leaks even to the point of putting clips on the joints if you have just push fitted them then its down to the boost reader or the gauge depending on what type you have.
Good luck