Notices

greddy emanage ultimate

Search this Thread

Old 19 April 2007, 10:41 PM
Zak Shaker
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default greddy emanage ultimate

howcome I haven't found out much emanage ultimate users in this comunity? where are you hiding guys?

I'm planning to install one unit on a ej20 (99 STI type R)
anyone would have one that already in here? have you needed any specific adaptors?

what knock sensor type have you choosen in the list ?

Last edited by Zak Shaker; 09 November 2007 at 08:51 AM.
Old 20 April 2007, 09:45 AM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

don't think you will find many as there are better VFM units out there imho.

Simon
Old 20 April 2007, 10:53 AM
Zak Shaker
Scooby Regular

for the price it is sold? 500 USD ?
I think that unit is very underestimated in UK maybe cause it is not well distributed ? (I don't live in UK, so I'm just guessing here). in fact this is the only piggyback I would considere, otherwize I would go standalone
now everyone is free to have their own opinion

I have used ultimate on toyota glanza with success (archived 148 kw ATW on 1300 cc engine).
Toyota GT Turbo.com
So let's say I'm used to this unit, and I hope I'll find other members that has choosen ultimate route.

btw which piggyback are usualy used then? why this choice? and why do you think they are better (only idiots do not learn and change mind , so you might convice me )

Last edited by Zak Shaker; 29 April 2007 at 03:34 PM.
Old 20 April 2007, 11:29 AM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most people either have the ecu remapped by using ecutek (1999 models onwards) or use complete replacement ecus (Apexi Power fc,motec ,hydra etc) rather then use piggyback ecus.
Lots of people do supply the greddy system (over here) i just think when there better alternatives most people stick with them (especially on here).
Old 20 April 2007, 11:38 AM
Zak Shaker
Scooby Regular

Ok, I thought Jolly Green Monster was comparing with other piggybacks...
standalone ECU is the best way to go for sure. if you have access to good engine tuner. what we don't have in Mauritius... hence why I have choosen EMU, as it works from standard ECU map that you change slowly, a much more safe way when you tune your engine yourself... also it can read wideband values and write the map itself. that is an other nice feature when you are not real engine expert. then it also has launch control, injector lag and plenty nice device compare to other piggyback. I would not compare it to a stand alone. even if it has plenty of nice features.

about the ECU remapping I'll have to search if it is an easy process. I'm planning to retard ignition timing 3° straight away as we get 95ron at best here only. that explain why so many STI blow their engine in Mauritius...

Last edited by Zak Shaker; 29 April 2007 at 03:32 PM.
Old 29 April 2007, 03:39 PM
Zak Shaker
Scooby Regular

after some quick search, I found out that cobbs street tuner was quite popular on impreza, but unfortunatly it doesn't seem to be available for my99 type R ECU, I haven't done ressearch on ECUteck yet as I read in a warning thread that once it is installed you cannot remove it !! not something I really like, as I like to be able to revert back to standard setup.

Witch are in fact the alternative I have on a my99 type R other than stand alone ecu that would let me setup proper ignition anf fueling to be used with RON92/95 and that would be able to accept bigger injectors in future if I decided to upgrade turbo and other items like I did on my previous car (toyota glanza)

Last edited by Zak Shaker; 01 May 2007 at 09:50 AM.