Notices

02 STI Power loss in 3rd Gear at 5k

Search this Thread

Old 16 April 2007, 08:25 PM
JPS3290
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 STI Power loss in 3rd Gear at 5k

Car: 02 STI Type UK. Ninja Sports cat, After burner second decat, Afterburner straight through centre pipe, Ninja Backbox, K&N Panel Filter and TEK 3 remap.

Half a tank of VPower.

I was out in the car yesterday with no problems. However coming to work this morning i dropped into 3rd gear up a steep hill as it changes to a national speed limit half way up and put my foot down. It accelerated as normal up to 5k and then it seemed to ease back a little until about 5.5k rpm and then it picked up again just before i changed gear.

I tried this in 2nd and 4th gear and it pulls to 6k really hard with no pause of drop in power.

Boost gauge shows a constant 19/20PSI even when it feels less eager at 5-5.5k.

Only think i can think of is the gear switch was knackered when Andy remapped the car and i had it fixed. Could this possibly be on its way out and be this noticeable in 3rd gear? The sudden drop in power or ease in acceleration for 500rpm's feels quite a bit. It's almost like its reverting back to the acceleration prior to the TEK3 remap...

I've searched for similar issues on the forum and can't find anything quite as simliar to this.

Car had a full service & MOT: spark plugs, fuel filter, cambelt, oil etc etc about 1200 miles ago and has ran fine until today.

My airfilter is due for a clean as its been over 12-13k since i put it in.

Any idea's what might cause the dip in power?

Last edited by JPS3290; 16 April 2007 at 08:32 PM.
Old 18 April 2007, 05:59 PM
JPS3290
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fixed and as know one replied i won't bother explaining