Notices

ST^I spoiler, genuine or copy?

Search this Thread

Old 17 April 2007, 06:51 PM
Meallbhan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ST^I spoiler, genuine or copy?

I have been looking on ebay for the last couple of month for an STI spoiler for my 03 WRX. The genuine ones seem to attract a lot of attention and go for about £350 I think. I have noticed various copies ranging from £70 to about £200.

Why the difference? Are they crap and don't fit? I reckon the build quality on the really cheap ones will be rubbish but looking at the more expensive ones it seems ok. From a photo. . .

Has anyone had any experience with these and should I avoid them? Does anyone know of any good copy brands?

Any info would be great, thanks.

Oh, does the original spoiler have a join in it. The top part coming off. The copy ones do but I suppose this could be filled?
Old 17 April 2007, 08:20 PM
scoobytyson
Scooby Regular

I have just put an sti spoiler on my Spec C, got it from DR-Motorsport for £300 painted, it fitted perfectly in the four holes from the WRX spoiler
Old 17 April 2007, 08:27 PM
MEV
Scooby Regular

Hi, the original factory STI spoilers do have a join in them - there is a top half and a bottom half screwed together. I bought a replica spoiler for my WRX from ebay from Brian Wilson spoilers, it came painted and they delivered it and fitted it for me and it was very good. I dont know if he still advertises on ebay because that was about two years ago. There are some really poor quality replicas on ebay so be carefull.

If I was looking now I would definitely buy a copy from ScoobyWorld or DR Motorsport Home.
These come painted and I believe they are really good quality and cost about £350 painted. A genuine STI spoiler from Subaru is about £800 +vat.
Old 18 April 2007, 06:50 PM
Meallbhan
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the advice, DR Motorsport's spoiler looks pretty sweet. Think my arm is well and truely twisted.

Anyone else got anything to say?