Notices

does this look ok?

Search this Thread

Old 03 April 2007, 09:17 PM
rpw
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does this look ok?

have seen this tsl group n exhaust on ebay as above does it look ok? also do you know whether is would fit on a 2006 sti?

eBay.co.uk: Subaru Impreza Stainless Steel TSL group N back box (item 140102051611 end time 04-Apr-07 23:38:51 BST)
Old 03 April 2007, 10:06 PM
Scott.T
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yep looks like a genuine TSL Group 'N' even comes with the hanger for the newer cars.
Old 03 April 2007, 10:33 PM
rpw
Scooby Regular

does it look in good condition? ive never really looked at buying a second hand exhaust so not to sure what to look for? also as you have one how loud are they as im not looking for anything to loud?
Old 04 April 2007, 09:06 AM
Scott.T
Scooby Regular

It's fully stainless so a bit of polish and it should look new.
the TSL is the best regular style box IMHO. It gives a nice burble and crackle at the top end, but isn't too intusive in the cabin.

It took me a lot of swapping and changing to get mine sounding how I liked, and now I wouldn't part with my TSL.
Old 04 April 2007, 12:10 PM
rpw
Scooby Regular

will the one shown fit the 2006 2.5 litre sti? some adverts give the impression that there is a difference in terms of exhaust between the 2.0 and the 2.5?
Old 19 April 2007, 12:17 PM
MEV
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scott.T
It's fully stainless so a bit of polish and it should look new.
the TSL is the best regular style box IMHO. It gives a nice burble and crackle at the top end, but isn't too intusive in the cabin.

It took me a lot of swapping and changing to get mine sounding how I liked, and now I wouldn't part with my TSL.

Hi, I've had my group n fitted today and it think the tailpipe points down slightly, does yours do this or is it completely horizontal?
Old 19 April 2007, 06:39 PM
Scott.T
Scooby Regular

fit is spot on, it's the best fitting pipe I've had.
do you have an after market centre section. if so that may be slightly out of alignment and hence pushing the other end of the tailpipe up towards the body
Old 19 April 2007, 08:48 PM
MEV
Scooby Regular

No the rest of my system is original and the car is only about 8 months old. If you look at the tailpipe piece in relation to the actual silencer its welded to then the tailpipe points down slightly - it's not much but I'm very fussy & I notice it. I spoke to TSL and the guy seemed to be saying it has to slope down a bit and seemed to imply they all do and nobody has complained yet. He said if i drive it up to them he would be able to "tweek" it and get it sitting right but Nottingham is really too far for me to go.
I just wondered if all the tailpipes point down very slightly?

On the plus side it sounds really good - the noise is just what I wanted.