Notices

2 Jobs, 2 Problems

Search this Thread

Old 26 March 2007, 09:18 PM
vessy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 Jobs, 2 Problems

Hi All, decided to fit the Walbro and FPR today, started with the FPR, took the OEM regulator off, tried to fit adapter....too big, diameter was larger than the rail bore, it's a universal jobbie of fleabay, meant to fit all Subaru, Toyota, Nissan etc, guess that will be going back then.

Anyway, continued on with fuel pump, GSS341 and fitting kit this has left me with a few concerns, firstly the existing pump filter wouldn't fit the walbro, locating peg on the oem pump was along side the inlet, not in the middle of the pump like on the walbro so i've used the walbro filter, Then I noticed the rubber mount for the walbro wouldn't fit the oem bracket, more of a rounded locator than the teardrop locator thats on the oem rubber , so managed to fit the walbro on the oem rubber, although it's not as secure as i would like it. The came the electrics, the walbro kit had one harness with a plug on both ends, nice one, straight into the pump and straight into the oem connector, then realised the black gizmo mounted to the bracket , i guess it's some kind of supressor, well it was, it's now in the shed.

All in all not the best day, that aside pump is working and getting just under 3 bar atmosphere.

Anyone have any thoughts or knowlege of these issues.

Thanks.
Old 26 March 2007, 09:46 PM
scooby-k
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

had my fuel rail adapter off mark at lateral performance. went straight on no problems. if you can measure the adaptor it should measure 0.450" across
o ring (11.43mm)
ken