Notices

urgent help with overfueling and poor running

Search this Thread

Old 19 March 2007, 06:19 PM
VAL113R
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default urgent help with overfueling and poor running

Cut the long story short, my head gasket went on the Subaru. Have had it replaced along with a different set of ported headers, clutch, lightened pulleys, inlet manifold spacers and a few gaskets.

The car now isn't running properly. It is overfueling very badly and wont accelerate at all.

Can someone offer some advice?

Car has an apexi Power FC in it mapped by Andy. I've tried calling him but there is no answer, I assume he's out mapping or something.

I am sure the car was sitting at 3 bar of fuel pressure before the engine came out. Now it is sitting at 4 bar but no one has adjusted the SX regulator and you need an allen key to adjust it.

The new headers I got from Harvey didn't have a lambda sensor in them. I had a lambda sensor in the downpipe which was running to my AFR meter. I put the ECU lambda in there at the moment. Could this be causing the overfueling?

Any thoughts?

The apexi couldn't have lost it's map? The battery has been disconnected for 2 weeks?

thanks
Old 19 March 2007, 06:47 PM
Slowboy Racing
Former Sponsor

Location: 10.68 QT mile in 2007 2.33 Type R ** Current 2002 Spec C 2.33 Track prepped.

I don’t quite understand where you are saying the original lamba was located, but if you have moved this from the current location its very possible this could cause your problem.

The Apexi won’t loose the map, so that’s not an issue. If the FPR was reading 3 bar and is now 4 bar this again would be to blame for the over fueling but I would confirm this for definite before you start adjusting it,

Neil
Old 19 March 2007, 06:58 PM
VAL113R
Scooby Regular

sorry I typed that very quickly

I originally had 2 lambda sensors in the car. One in the headers and one in the downpipe

the one in the downpipe was for the AFR meter only, the one in the headers was for the ECU The apexi was mapped for this.

The replacement headers I received from harvey didn't have the lambda in the headers and I was told moving it to the downpipe would be fine.

I don't know if this is the case, as surely it is measuring the gases after the turbo and not before. Wouldn't this through the AFR mix right out?

Originally Posted by *Un-ink*
I don’t quite understand where you are saying the original lamba was located, but if you have moved this from the current location its very possible this could cause your problem.

The Apexi won’t loose the map, so that’s not an issue. If the FPR was reading 3 bar and is now 4 bar this again would be to blame for the over fueling but I would confirm this for definite before you start adjusting it,

Neil
Old 19 March 2007, 07:00 PM
nessscoob
Scooby Regular

hi mate is it a classic or new age? With my classic the lambda sensor is located in the collector box at the base of the uppipe on the headers. The other sensor from the downpipe is only required if you have the standard downpipe and cat as far as I know because it aint a lambda sensor but a cat on fire sensor!
Old 19 March 2007, 07:04 PM
nessscoob
Scooby Regular

mite be worth drilling the collector box of the headers and fitting your lamda there and connect into that with you afr to. then just block up the hole on the downpipe, thats what i did with mine and its running spot on
Old 19 March 2007, 07:07 PM
VAL113R
Scooby Regular

its a 93 wrx

I am going to try the old headers back on and see if that solves the problem first.