Notices

intercooler advice?

Search this Thread

Old 09 March 2007, 05:30 PM
dabow
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb intercooler advice?

i read some of the other post regarding this issue.
but i have a uk 95 with an sti v2 slanty cooler on. now i've just managed to get an sti v3 type cooler, now i've read theres a couple of things that need to be changed. but i need to know about a v3 cooler & not a v5 cooler as i know there a little bigger. i've put the coolers side by side, and i may be able to use the hose off the v2 cooler. i know the dv out let needs welding up. know we come to the brackets. one looks like it would be a strait fit to the car. but the other, mmmm. i have got a facelift bonnet fitted to this car if thats any help.

the engine is out, but any info regards what does need changing would be good.
Old 09 March 2007, 06:06 PM
ticky
Scooby Senior

I am not sure which current hose you have but the samco v1/v2 intercooler hose kit will help & ease fitting. The samco hose will need cutting to reduce its length but you will be able to retain your standard dv & position.

Trim the edge of the throttle body & ic lip will also help fitting.

Brackets can be made up to hold the new tmic in position, cardboard templates help to create the correct size & length.
Old 09 March 2007, 06:36 PM
dabow
Scooby Regular

diden't all the imprezas have the same block upto sti v4, becouse i got the brackets for the cooler. & the bracket at the back of the engine, looks like it will fit. + its made for that cooler too.

i've just cut the dv out let off -
it should be weldered up monday sometime

so the ic lip needs shortening & the bracket on the right side (as you look at the engine) needs changing. i've slightly cut the hose down so i can still get the standed dv on.

quess i really need this engine in to do most of the mods. just waiting for these bloody copper head gaskets to get her.