Notices

NOT YOUR NORMAL DV QUESTION ADVICE NEEDED

Search this Thread

Old 22 February 2007, 01:20 PM
KIPS
Scooby Regular

Location: ESSEX ...BORN AND BRED PETROL HEAD....................... MANS BEST FRIEND IS A ENGLISH BULL TERRIER
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NOT YOUR NORMAL DV QUESTION ADVICE NEEDED

Hi I'm running the group buy on the front mount intercoolers and trying to get as much info and advice for fitting
Ive been looking at where the dv vents back into the system and to me looks like when the dv releases wont it cause a block from the airflow coming from the intake would it be better to put an elbow so when it lets off it will be with the intake flow or is their a better place in the system to vent back into, have added pic to try and show what i mean I realize the the opposing flows will be for a minimal time

thank you for any advice

KIP

Just another thought cause the maff has already accounted for this air in the system when it recercs shouldn't it go back into the system before the maf so the air ratio is recalculated
Old 22 February 2007, 05:03 PM
unfeasablylargegonads
Scooby Regular

The idea of the recirc is so that the MAF does know how much air is in the system so does not need to recalculate - i.e. it is not measured and then dumped to atmosphere.

I see what you are saying regarding the angle your pic shows, I've no idea of alternatives but I think an ellbow stuck in the intake pipe would be more restrictive to airflow. I think on higher boost cars the MAF is a problem on recirculating systems as the pressure is higher and more air gets blown back up past the MAF causing more issues.
Old 22 February 2007, 05:41 PM
KIPS
Scooby Regular

Location: ESSEX ...BORN AND BRED PETROL HEAD....................... MANS BEST FRIEND IS A ENGLISH BULL TERRIER

Does the length of the return from the dv make a difference is shorter or longer better ?? I only want to fit this once so want to get it right first time
cheers
KIP
Old 22 February 2007, 06:08 PM
Slowboy Racing
Former Sponsor

Location: 10.68 QT mile in 2007 2.33 Type R ** Current 2002 Spec C 2.33 Track prepped.

I wouldn’t be entirely happy with that set up IMHO you don’t want the dumped air going back towards the maff sensor. I would look at swapping it with the pcv take of for now.
Old 22 February 2007, 06:13 PM
KIPS
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by *Un-ink*
I wouldn’t be entirely happy with that set up IMHO you don’t want the dumped air going back towards the maff sensor. I would look at swapping it with the pcv take of for now.

This is what im trying to sus out as the o/e set up vents it back against the flow
whats the pcv take off dont know that abreviation

cheers KIP
Old 22 February 2007, 07:58 PM
KIPS
Scooby Regular

bttt for the evening techies any suggestions ?????
KIP
Old 22 February 2007, 08:56 PM
Slowboy Racing
Former Sponsor

Location: 10.68 QT mile in 2007 2.33 Type R ** Current 2002 Spec C 2.33 Track prepped.

Looking at it again the pcv take offs are near the arrow you could connect it there, but these are also closer to the maf I think I would just have the valve further from the inlet pipe this will reduce the sudden rush of air once the valve is opened and avoid any possible problems with the air traveling back past the maf.
Old 22 February 2007, 09:06 PM
KIPS
Scooby Regular

Think i suss what you mean where the arrows are is the original o/e dv inlet by moving the dv futher away/or use a longer pipe would reduce the sudden rush of air vented back
Im intending using a sti8 or sti v4/5 oe recerc dv no a plastic one the pic provided is just an example to show flow
KIP