Notices

Apexi Power?

Search this Thread

Old 17 February 2007, 05:11 PM
madey
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Apexi Power?

I need some advice, I've had the car on the r/r (west tuning thruxton) and only managed 242 bhp. The car is a uk my98, full revolution decat, group n panel filter (tsl) Apexi fitted and mapped by Simon Roe. I was expecting at least 260bhp,Alan Jeffrey tuning (plymouth) thinks I should be getting about 275bhp, is it just a case of remapping the Apexi or is there something else I need to do? Thanks for any help, Mick.
Old 18 February 2007, 11:03 AM
madey
Scooby Regular

Smile

Can anyone help on this? Mick.
Old 18 February 2007, 11:07 AM
Craigieloon
Scooby Regular

what turbo are you running mate.. Being the uk im sure its a td04. What boost is it running. I would expect it to be around 1.1bar

If thats correct i would be expecting more than 242bhp..... What did the tuner say. apart from he expects more. Did the graph point to where the power loss is coming from
Old 18 February 2007, 12:40 PM
Alan Jeffery
Scooby Regular

Location: Enginetuner.co.uk Plymouth Dyno Dynamics RR Engine machining and building EcuTek SimTek mapping

Hi.. I can't recall that conversation, so you may have spoken to Martyn, who would have had more facts than are at my fingertips. He may well be quoting from figures we've seen from a similar spec, but I'd always prefer to see a FMIC as well if you're keen.
As usual with these things, it's all very specific. There is no one who will know more about your car right now than the guy who set it up, and West Tuning, who are very professional. I suggest you contact them first, and also suggest you don't post any more until you have the full picture!
Bear in mind the topline 6500 rpm figure may not tell the whole story of how your car performs.
Old 18 February 2007, 12:48 PM
Scottie9
Scooby Regular

I to have a UK MY98 with only a full de-cat and HKS induction kit and mine hit 240.8BHP and was only running 9 PSI so I would be very dissppointed with 242 with a mapped apexi. You could poss have an air leak or could be under boosting like mine? Im no expert so best speak to WT as Alan says.
Old 18 February 2007, 01:42 PM
silent running
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You don't say what boost you're running so it's pretty much impossible to say whether the figure is roughly right or not. If you had the Power FC set at 0.8 bar then it wouldn't surprise me at all to see a low power reading. You really need to contact Simon first and see what he suggests. I doubt West Tuning will have much to say about it, they just operated a rolling road for you.
Old 18 February 2007, 02:22 PM
madey
Scooby Regular

Smile

West tuning only did the rolling road run for me, no tuning, they don't have any experience with Apexi's. Simon roe (jolly green monster) lives in kent so it's not easy to ask him to have another look at it. It's obviously going to be difficult to find somebody who understands Apexi's. Andy forrest lives in Scotland, he seems to be the only one who really understands these ecu's. Mick.
Old 18 February 2007, 02:34 PM
billsandhu
Scooby Regular

Where are you based? Try Zen Performance - Performance upgrade solutions for Japanese cars. They are based in Northampton and know apexi's very well.
Old 19 February 2007, 12:07 AM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mick,

Just noticed this, having spoken via email i believe it didn't make target boost on the rollers.. so wasn't showing a true power figure for what it runs on the road.

If you want me to take a look I can call in when i am next in the area.

Thanks
Simon
Old 19 February 2007, 03:42 PM
madey
Scooby Regular

Smile

Hello Simon, the boost reading on the graph is 1.05 yet it reaches 17psi and on the commander in the bottom left hand corner it shows +1.16, thats the maximum it will reach. Ray west at west tuning said the car was running a little rich at the top end but nothing to worry about.If you can come to some conclusion from these figures I would be most grateful. All the best, Mick.
Old 19 February 2007, 07:58 PM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so on the road it makes 1.16bar but only 1.05bar on the rollers.. this is likely to bring both the power and torque down.

Simon