Notices

Jobs to do, advice / help needed.

Search this Thread

Old 10 February 2007, 02:00 AM
LongTimeLurker
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Jobs to do, advice / help needed.

Can anyone point right direction for guides or offer me advice on completing the following mods (weekend off, pretty free from child care so want to take advantage and put some time in on the car).

I'm after fitting my oil temp & pressure gauge (senders / t piece + probe), walbro fuel pump, sx fpr and possibly my 440cc injectors. I'm handy with a spanner / screw driver and if needed hammer but need walk throughs if possible or 101 talk.

Couple of other things need clearing up, do the senders that screw into cyclinders need ptfe tape or thread lock of any kind (some are tampered). What if best to use on the seals of the FRP adpator into fuel rail, the injectors themselves and the fps seals / threads.

Big thanks, hopefully it will be a productive weekend
Old 10 February 2007, 02:33 AM
LongTimeLurker
Scooby Regular

Should add, car's a MY97 and is 3bar for stock fuel pressure on the new SX unit correct?
Old 10 February 2007, 07:40 AM
The Hoff
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello mate,

The fuel pump is easy, the cover is behind the drivers side rear passenger in the boot. Take a look at Walbro Fuel Pump - IWSTI.com for a full installation guide.

Oil temp and pressure gauge I cant help you with as mine were installed when I bought the car.

For the FPR try https://www.scoobynet.com/general-te...ghlight=roojai There are also links to my old fitment guide but no photos now unfortuneately. 3 bar or just over on the fuel pressure is correct. I run mine at 3.2 bar but I'm just like that

The 440's are a bit of a bitch, the passenger side ones are difficult to get to and the screw holding them in are sometime VERY tight, a light soaking in WD40 a few hours before you start may help. You will need to remove the water washer tank or at least move it out of the way to get to a couple of the injectors. Becareful when inserting the injectors, make sure you dont damage the o-rings (which should be well greased) becuase that would be silly ...not that I have ever done that

I would use PTFE tape on the senders that you are screwing in, wouldnt bother with thread lock personally but up to you. the FPR adapter should be a push fit into its housing, make sure the o-ring is greased up and make sure you push it on straight or the o-ring will catch and break. The other side should be a push fit on to a rubber pipe if I remember correctly?

Hope some of this helps, PM me for any more info.
Old 10 February 2007, 11:07 AM
LongTimeLurker
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Hoff
Hope some of this helps, PM me for any more info.
m8 that helps a great deal, many thanks . What grease should i use for lubbing the o-rings?
Old 12 February 2007, 07:25 AM
The Hoff
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Silicon grease or similar would do the job, sorry I could reply sooner. Hope the fitting went well?
Old 12 February 2007, 09:28 AM
LongTimeLurker
Scooby Regular

It kinda all went pear shaped on the Saturday so by the time i was ready to have a crack at it, it was to dark / cold and i needed some beer. Sunday didn't fair to well either, ended up with time to play with my i/c instead and that didn't quite go right on the first go.

Hopefully next weekend...

I also picked up a tub of multi purpose grease from car spares shop in the morning when i got a few other things i was missing.
Old 24 February 2007, 06:45 PM
LongTimeLurker
Scooby Regular

Helllllllllllllllllllllp, i'm stuck!

I've changed the stock fpr over to my fuel rail adaptor (Carl Davey), reconnected the same hose that was connected to my stock fpr and well... help. I've tried to trace the line back over to the OS but i can't work out which line it is. I'm at the point i need to plumb in my SX FPR but not sure which of the fuel lines to use on it (this is presuming i've done the right thing in reconnecting the line that was in the stock fpr but into the new adaptor?).

Help, it's dark out and the missus still thinks we'll be ok to go out tonight (i'll be shot if i don't manage it).

Thanks
Old 24 February 2007, 08:15 PM
LongTimeLurker
Scooby Regular

Anyone before i get lynched?
Old 24 February 2007, 11:47 PM
LongTimeLurker
Scooby Regular

Does anyone know which one of these fuel lines is the line that plugged into the stock fpr? Guessing it can't be the top one because it goes to the filter so must be middle or bottom, not sure which one tho.

Old 25 February 2007, 09:26 AM
LongTimeLurker
Scooby Regular

Up for the morning crowd, comes on guys n gals someone must know!
Old 25 February 2007, 09:54 AM
steve nic
Scooby Regular

its the one in the middle ,top one is from the fuel filter,middle from oe fuel reg,bottom fuel vent i think
Old 25 February 2007, 09:58 AM
LongTimeLurker
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by steve nic
its the one in the middle ,top one is from the fuel filter,middle from oe fuel reg,bottom fuel vent i think
Cheers
Old 25 February 2007, 10:01 AM
steve nic
Scooby Regular

have fun
Old 25 February 2007, 01:05 PM
LongTimeLurker
Scooby Regular

All done bar the senders, SX fpr vac pipe off set @ 38 psi, seems to idle around 25 psi with it on? Injectors, adaptor and fuel pump (damn it's loud compared to OE) all fitted as well and thankfully with no apparent leaks which i'm very relieved about. Taken it out and seems fine no issues and mapping is only a week away now, will get my m8 on it tomorrow with a 'wideband' to make sure all is well between now and then.

Cheers again for all the input chaps, much appreciated