Notices

FMIC-BOV

Search this Thread

Old 04 February 2007, 07:04 PM
fireblade37
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FMIC-BOV

Will be fitting a front mount soon on my00. I have read somewhere that you can fit a blanking plug onto the front mount pipe work, so you no longer need to use the oe bov. If this is correct, how does this effect the car? Will it slow turbo spool or improve it? Or is a complete waste of time.

I'm not looking for power gains or anything, just the easiest route around fitting my oe bov or not.

Cheers
Old 04 February 2007, 07:23 PM
rooferman
Scooby Regular

Easiest way i found was to use a version 4 recirc and a samco reducer hose.....cost me about £25 in total..

The 90 degree inlet and outlet design of the version 4 standard recirc fits in sweet...

Can post a pic tomorrow morning if you need it.
Old 04 February 2007, 07:35 PM
fireblade37
Scooby Regular

More pics the merrier please. I have the v5/6 inlet and outlet pipe which i think is different to the v4, so i will need to source the job lot if i was to use the v4 standard recirc.

Cheers
Old 04 February 2007, 07:55 PM
rooferman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fireblade37
More pics the merrier please. I have the v5/6 inlet and outlet pipe which i think is different to the v4, so i will need to source the job lot if i was to use the v4 standard recirc.

Cheers
I had the same valve setup previously...v5/6.

You just need to source a version 4 valve,(got mine from ebay) a silicone reducer,(demon tweeks)and you can cut your original v5/6 hose to make the connection...