Notices

05 WRX PPP - Re-map, is it worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 25 January 2007, 06:55 AM
phm
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 05 WRX PPP - Re-map, is it worth it?

Seriously thinking of re-mapping my 05 WRX PPP with a pipercross viper induction kit, H&S cent sect and BOV - taking into account the that the small turbo is more likely to run out of puff before the injectors and therefore boost maybe an issue, is it worth the money getting the re-map?

My aim is to increase BHP/mid-range torque and break the 300 BHP mark.

What should I be expecting or should mapping be left for the STI big brother?
Old 25 January 2007, 08:32 AM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

It's difficult to get more than about 280bhp on the std TD04 turbo. You won't get much benefit power wise from the induction kit and BOV - the std items actually work better.

For real horsepower gains you need a different turbo - eg TD04 Hybrid or VF35 or TD05, plus supporting mods.
Old 25 January 2007, 10:30 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

As Andy says the TD04 will be at it's limit at around 270-280 bhp. However the response will be terrific and although it's not breaking the 300 mark will easily out perform a lot of 300bhp+ scoobs (in real world performance) due to the response..!

Basically all you need: Green/K&N panel filter, decat and if you can stretch to it, an STI8 TMIC/scoop and possibly some NGK PRF7b plugs, then (most importantly) a decent mapper.

Trust me, you'll drive home from the mapping session with a massive grin..

Depending where in the country you are, I'd recommend Bob Rawle as he's transformed my 05 WRX into a totally different car..

PS drop the idea of the BOV and induction kit, you're wasting your money and possibly harming you engine. Ask Bob for advice, he's always happy to help, customer or not..!

Last edited by jasonius; 25 January 2007 at 10:32 PM.
Old 25 January 2007, 11:29 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by jasonius
As Andy says the TD04 will be at it's limit at around 270-280 bhp. However the response will be terrific and although it's not breaking the 300 mark will easily out perform a lot of 300bhp+ scoobs (in real world performance) due to the response..!

Basically all you need: Green/K&N panel filter, decat and if you can stretch to it, an STI8 TMIC/scoop and possibly some NGK PRF7b plugs, then (most importantly) a decent mapper.

Trust me, you'll drive home from the mapping session with a massive grin..

Depending where in the country you are, I'd recommend Bob Rawle as he's transformed my 05 WRX into a totally different car..

PS drop the idea of the BOV and induction kit, you're wasting your money and possibly harming you engine. Ask Bob for advice, he's always happy to help, customer or not..!
^^^^What he said, especially about Bob!!!