Notices

Do you need to remap on regular basis ?

Search this Thread

Old 20 January 2007, 11:39 PM
minesblue
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you need to remap on regular basis ?

Went to Triton in Bournemouth today for a dyno run, power was within 5 bh of previous run at Powerstation 8mths. ago. But boost was all over the place, the bloke their (sorry cant rember his name) suggested a 3 port solinoid and a complete remap; for which I would have to buy another ECUTEC licence ? I thought after your first remap you ECU was then 'open' for any ECUTEC dealer to access and adjust, or am I wrong. Aso haven't done anything to the car and seems to run ok. Your commets please.
Old 21 January 2007, 12:29 AM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no need to remap on a regular basis..

indeed one licence with ecutek.. although the next mapper would not be able to necessarily view the current map and would have to remap it from scratch.

Assuming you have a boost gauge.. if the boost is okay on the road then it was related to the situation the car was in on the rollers causing the different boost control.. heat, load etc etc.. difficult also to compare different rolling roads..

Simon
Old 21 January 2007, 12:43 AM
minesblue
Scooby Regular

Thanks Simon, I see Bob Rawl is doing a GB at the moment is he going to charge me 300 or 500 ?

Or are you doing ECUTEC yet?
Old 21 January 2007, 12:53 AM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't do ecutek no.. there is alternatives though.. but not suggesting you need a remap.. it sounds tbh like the car is possibly fine.. it would be worth checking with boost gauge etc or getting the car checked over if you are really concerned.

Nothing against Triton but a number of cars seem to produce different result to the expected..

You would do best to double check with Bob but if the car has been ecutek remapped before then it contains a licence already and would be the remap fee only.

Simon
Old 21 January 2007, 09:34 AM
MartynJ
Scooby Regular

Location: Enginetuner Plymouth for 4wd RR Mapping Apexi Ecutek Alcatek Proper Garage More than just a laptop!
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You only need to pay for the Ecutek license once...As Simon says a different mapper will have to start from scratch but they can still use the original license...
Although a car doesn't need remapping again and again while you are not changing anything I think it wise to get it checked every few months by someone competent..
Whether you choose to do this on a rolling road or on the road is up to you (Not starting that debate again)...
Old 21 January 2007, 03:07 PM
minesblue
Scooby Regular

I think I need some one to check the mods I have done and get it re-maped on the road, I think a chat with Bob is the way to go.
Old 22 January 2007, 11:53 AM
MikeWood
Scooby Regular

In some respects this may be down to a change in atmospheric conditions from when the car was first mapped as well as the fact that it's being run on a rolling road.

Boost control varies hugely with changes in pressure, temperature and humidity and it's not really possible to get right with one session with the car unless you've already been through the whole process with a car in identical spec in the conditions that it's likely to encounter in use.

Our PPP calibrations are criticised for being 'generic' and not mapped specifically to the car. In reality this is simply not possible to do for every car in every set of conditions it's likely to operate in so we concentrate on making it run as well as we can in the fixed mechanical spec we have. This is not the work of a few hours either on the dyno or on the road, it takes many months. In reality the tolerances between individual cars (with a fixed mechanical spec) is much less than the variation in atmospheric conditions that they are likely to encounter in use.

Mike

Trending Topics

Old 22 January 2007, 01:27 PM
nick_wrx
Scooby Regular

Default PPP > Re-Map

Ive got a ppp'd 02 wrx, could i get any more power than the ppp by going for a re-map from the generic ppp map. If so are there any good places on the south coast (in or around sussex?) and what prices should i be paying?

Thanks. Nick.