Just introducing myself..

Search this Thread

Old 15 January 2007, 03:40 PM
ImprezNVA
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just introducing myself..

Hi all,
I just wanted to say hi and get my first post out of the way. My name is Alex and I just purchased an auto '95 2.2 litre Impreza last Thursday as a winter daily driver and backup for my '06 350Z.
I don’t plan on many modifications, as its not going to be raced or AutoX'ed, but I do plan on doing a few cheap (er) things in order to make her a bit more economical and comfortable.
This weekend I replaced all of the speakers with some nice Pioneer 2 way units as well as installed a new Sony CD/MP3 head unit (one with a nice front AUX hookup for an Ipod), as well as changed the headlight bulbs to brighter ones and fixed some other mechanical flaws that the car had when I picked it up. I know I would like to put some driving lights (preferably stock from another model) in the lower bumper. If anyone knows which years fit in the stock location (once I cut out the holes in the bumper) that would be great. (Ohh, and if you can chime in on if the wires are there already that would be nice too, lol)
So far I'm pretty impressed with how it drives and handles for how old it is. This is my first Subaru and from what I can tell I don’t think I’m going to be disappointed!
The only major mechanical thing (well, not that major) is I think the power steering pump is going bad. I’m hearing a loud "whirring" noise from the engine compartment that is consistent with the RPM, as well as the fact that the steering wheels seems a bit hard to turn (almost like power assist instead of full power steering...a bit heavy). So, if anyone knows of a good cheap place to get a new pump that would be great! Thanks - Alex