Prodrive Exhaust & re-map

Search this Thread

Old 08 January 2007, 01:15 PM
johnnyg
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prodrive Exhaust & re-map

Can anyone help ??...

I,m thinking about fitting a second hand Prodrive exhaust (Rear box, Centre decat, and Sports cat) to my 06 WRX....it's been suggested that I also fit a down pipe (whatever that is ?)

Can I just fit the exhaust and enjoy the sound until my warranty runs out, and then have it re-mapped, or do I have to have it re-mapped immediately in order for it to run without any CEL's.?

I was told that there are sensors in the standard exhaust that are not attached to the prodrive system, and this causes problems as the ecu is expecting information from sensors that are not plugged in....is this correct ?

You can probaly see from the question that I'm confused, any advice appreciated.

Cheers....
Old 08 January 2007, 01:17 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Your downpipe is your Sports Cat. It is a downpipe that contains a sports cat.
Old 08 January 2007, 01:18 PM
stevebennett
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by johnnyg
Can anyone help ??...

I,m thinking about fitting a second hand Prodrive exhaust (Rear box, Centre decat, and Sports cat) to my 06 WRX....it's been suggested that I also fit a down pipe (whatever that is ?)

Can I just fit the exhaust and enjoy the sound until my warranty runs out, and then have it re-mapped, or do I have to have it re-mapped immediately in order for it to run without any CEL's.?

I was told that there are sensors in the standard exhaust that are not attached to the prodrive system, and this causes problems as the ecu is expecting information from sensors that are not plugged in....is this correct ?

You can probaly see from the question that I'm confused, any advice appreciated.

Cheers....

Prodrive exhaust switch will do nothing to harm you car.. all of the sensors will attached to the Decat pipe an the sports cat and you will have no CEL issue.

You do not need a remap to enjoy the sound but with the remap you will get more power.

I currently have the Prodive exhaust on a 04 plate WRX and i have not had it remaped yet and i have had no problems.

wher are you located as i can recomend a place that will swich your exhaust quite cheaply

Last edited by stevebennett; 08 January 2007 at 01:20 PM.
Old 08 January 2007, 04:00 PM
johnnyg
Scooby Regular

Steve..

Thanks for that....good to know that you have swapped the exhaust without any problems..it was one of the tuners told me I'd have problems....thought it was odd.....

I'll get the exhaust fitted and have it re-mapped when the warranty runs out.

I'm in the nottingham area.

Cheers...
Old 08 January 2007, 04:51 PM
stevebennett
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by johnnyg
Steve..

Thanks for that....good to know that you have swapped the exhaust without any problems..it was one of the tuners told me I'd have problems....thought it was odd.....

I'll get the exhaust fitted and have it re-mapped when the warranty runs out.

I'm in the nottingham area.

Cheers...

Saying that though the EcuTek software is very hard to detect by subaru so you may get away with it but its all about what risk you take!
Old 08 January 2007, 04:58 PM
Arch
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stevebennett
Prodrive exhaust switch will do nothing to harm you car.. all of the sensors will attached to the Decat pipe an the sports cat and you will have no CEL issue.

You do not need a remap to enjoy the sound but with the remap you will get more power.

I currently have the Prodive exhaust on a 04 plate WRX and i have not had it remaped yet and i have had no problems.

wher are you located as i can recomend a place that will swich your exhaust quite cheaply
Steve

have you fitted the sports cat to your WRX? If so were there any problems fitting it ie did the flanges and mounts all line up ok.

cheers
Old 09 January 2007, 09:19 AM
MikeWood
Scooby Regular

johnny

Fitting the downpipe (sports cat) will give problems with boost control and it would be better to get it remapped to suit although this would take you out of warranty. In all fairness though, the turbo is a bit small to take advantage of the reduced back pressure and will just be running flat out. It's possible with a different turbo to get significantly more power with a std downpipe.

steve
As Subaru reprogam the ECUs for the PPP you may find that they can check quite easily if an ECU has been programmed.......

Mike

Mike
Old 09 January 2007, 02:36 PM
johnnyg
Scooby Regular

Mike...

Thanks for the advice...don't want to cause any boost problems.

Appreciate that re-map would sort it, but don't want to jeapordise warranty.

Can't even have PPP as its a Cyprus import, and they have told me that PPP will invalidate warranty..

I might as well just fit a back box to improve the sound and wait for a couple of years till warranty is up.

Cheers.....