awesome? i think not!

Search this Thread

Old 24 December 2006, 03:08 PM
ROD STROKER
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry awesome? i think not!

Hi There,
I have brought a 95 wrx import from awesome imports in bristol. I took it to subaru for a 60 point check and they said that the brake disks are heavily corroded, rear suspension is weak and the rear droplinks have got slight play. It has about 2 months warranty left, so i asked Awesome if the could sort it. They told me to take it to them on a weekday so they can have it in for the day to fix all the probz, as i have been back there about 7 times already since buying it.( 120 miles ) each trip!.
Off i went to bristol AGAIN!!!!!. Once there they took a look at one disc and said that SUBARU was basically talking POO. To me the discs look corroded, the vents are blocked so they may overheat. Awesome did'nt even look at the rear shocks or droplinks. To my surprise, they even considered just changing my disks for some old ones lying around in the back of the workshop.
To top things off, i mentioned that the TURBO'S boost was cutting in and out periodically when i put my foot down. They said that it sounded like over boost, so first port of call was to change my ECU to a W6 from a Z4 which i thought was a bit extreme considering that it could have been the fuel pump, fuel filter, oil being sucked into the turbo or anything.
I got home and decided that i should have at least have another Z4 not a W6 ECU in my WRX, so i went to get my Z4 back and lo 'n' behold my Z4 had been put into another car which had been picked up by a customer. Strange that considering the unit was possibly FAULTYs. In the end i lost a day at work, fuel, my original ECU and never got my problems sorted.
I did get another Z4 from them and my boost problem hasn't gone away. . HELP!!!!!!!. Where do i stand?.

THANKS AND SORRY FOR HARPING ON. HAPPY XMAS AND NEW YEAR.

MY POLE IS ALWAYS SHINING.
Old 24 December 2006, 03:21 PM
dan83590
Scooby Regular

Sounds to me like you have been well and truely fooked over. If you feel that they should be conpensating you in some way they try this site, dead user friendly. https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco2/index.jsp Companies that act like this give the good guys a bad name and deserve everything they get.
Old 24 December 2006, 07:24 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

Ever think about getting the car checked out first? Bloody traders

I dont think it would be unreasonable to ask for your money back to be honest mate. Armed with a independent engineers report thats exactly what I'd be doing.

The Court Service is all very well and good but its further expense and timely. I've little respect for it tbh but have to deal with them almost daily in a commercial sense.

I found this web page to be of particular use when a deal on a Pug 306 HDI went bad recently. Got my money back despite the Dealers initial two finger response and no litigation was required.

Regulatory Services - Advice Index

I hope you get sorted mate.
Old 24 December 2006, 07:33 PM
steviebabes
Scooby Newbie

Ive ordered me bonnet for me Prelude from them which they said would arrive next day. That was over a week ago! Christmas post I suppose!
Old 25 December 2006, 09:53 AM
ROD STROKER
Scooby Newbie

Wink Thanks

Hello people,
thanks for your reply. I feel i should do somthing, especially that i have only told you the half of whats happened whilst i have been dealing with them.
Personally i would stay away from them when purchasing anything.
I will look at the options you both gave me and will let you know how i get on.
Thanks again.

BAHHH HUMBUG!!!!!
Old 25 December 2007, 09:00 AM
burning_diarohhea
Scooby Regular

i know the feeling mate, when iv had problems with them its always taken them ages to sort it out
Old 26 December 2007, 12:23 PM
34srm
Scooby Regular

dont think your gonna get anywhere with the courts except throwing money away, as the cars age will play a major role in it a car thats 12 years old is never gonna be 100% and a warrantly does not give you this or entitle you to it , can see the point your making but consider your options carfully 7 round trips ov 120miles in a scoob thats a far amount ov fuel may be better off getting the jobs done and putting it down to experience

Trending Topics

Old 26 December 2007, 06:07 PM
RUDDY
Scooby Regular

hi mate could be MAF sensor thats faulty! mine was and was boosting as you discribe!
Old 27 December 2007, 08:30 PM
scooby-power
Scooby Regular

iv been there before when i was looking at getting a scooby from them, they seem like real cowboys luckly i didnt get on from there