New Windscreen

Search this Thread

Old 09 December 2006, 03:10 PM
WayneG555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy New Windscreen

Hey guys,

I had the windscreen on my car replace yesterday by National Windscreens after a lovely stone hit it!!!! The guy put some tape down both sides and said leave it for 2 hours. As i haven't needed the car i only just went to it, 24 hours later!! I pulled the tape off and it doesn't seem to be right!!! On the passenger side he's taken a chunk out of the :confused plastic strip, also along the roof where he's pulled it back he's broken the clips so there's nothing holding it on!!! And on the drivers side there's a huge gap between the plastic strip and the screen!!! It's not gonna leak into the car as there's so much glue in there but it will leak down under panel at the bottom. He also placed the wipers way too high!

Where do i stand if i ask them to do it again, will they pay for all the work? I phoned them up but the local branch is closed so i went through to the call centre, who said that they wouldn't do anything unless it was leaking?!?!

Wayne
Old 09 December 2006, 06:22 PM
ticky
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had this on my old car, you need to make sure the gaps from side to side are equal. Otherwise when you try to put in the new clips in they won't sit down correctly & stay in place, this will have an affect on the window side strips not sitting flush.
The gap along the top part of the screen & roof is important too as the clips are designed to fit slightly under the screen & then press against the roof edge to stay in place. So again trouble with the window strip not sitting flush.

My screen had a small gap on the drivers side top edge/roof & large gap by the passenger side top roof. I could not get the clips to stay in place on the passenger side/top roof, as for side to side that was way out too.

This guy broke quite a few clips & never had any with him. My window strips never stayed on the same.

My front screen is covered through my insurance policy, so I complain to them & eventually got them to pay for another company to do it.

Ticky