Notices

my99, apexi acf?

Search this Thread

Old 08 December 2006, 02:04 AM
Barto
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my99, apexi acf?

I've done research but still can't get my ideas clear.
I am thinking of using an apexi afc and a mechanical emulator for the boost presure.
Here in my country some tuners told me that an apexi afc and emulator in the long term damages de car. Also said that it doesn't gain much power because it acts over the original fuel curve. If my car (99)will try periodically to advance the ignition; just by tunig the fuel and the boost would't it be ok? Ive read i have a limit of 1.8bar as std sensor.
is it true that the apexi is not good?

The apexi power fc is much more expensive and I dont like changin the ecu compleately. Ive read that it measures the knock but that it does not automaticaly retard the ignition. If I unfortunately charge poor fuel there would be a high risck. Is this?

my idea is buying a vf34, fuel pump and a FMIC, aiming to 350hp.
Old 10 December 2006, 12:17 AM
Barto
Scooby Newbie

no answer?!?
was my question too basic? should I do more research?

anyone using apexi afc?
problems? kilometers youve been using it?
Old 10 December 2006, 12:25 AM
rigga
Scooby Regular

not got the afc... but do use the power fc and its true that the apexi will not retar the ignition if knock is detected like the standard ecu,but it can be configured by the mapper to flash the cel light on at a prest level of knock,but then its up to you to back of when this is noted...... mine is set to 30 and i think i recall mid 40's are still ok,but on the commander read out i never ven see double figures registered as a max reading,though it depends on engines as some years models are quieter than others....... hope this answers at least part of your question.

martin
Old 10 December 2006, 01:01 PM
Sc0oby
Scooby Regular

i would suggest getting the greddy emanage instead of getting the afc which you can tune the fuel and ignition control. i had great success without even adjusting the boost i was able to gain 30hp on the midrange just be tuning it on the dyno with 96 octane fuel only