Notices

just got 02 plate wrx as non-runner

Search this Thread

Old 16 October 2006, 01:09 AM
bigfilly79
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just got 02 plate wrx as non-runner

Hi my mate and i went and had a look at a salvage 02 plate wrx import he'd purchased as a non-runner no keys and wow these high-performance jap imports are easy as you like to get the steering locks un-done and theres no chip(transponder) in keys like over here anyway after taking out the toad immobiliser and attempting to start it (via black-box) i got ignition on sat-nav poped up but no fuel pump and no starter motor I had noticed under the bonnet there were several connectors un-plugged(maf,t.p.s,ect..) and in there place some push on wires had been connected to a couple of these sensors not the maf though nothing at all connected here they went to a sensor under the intercooler that didn't look standard oh and then we pulled back the carpet passenger side front no ecu anyone any idea's on y the ecu missing and y all the sensors disconected and a new mini loom connecting to sum sensors? could it be fitted with some form of after market management if so where is it likely to be ?
Old 16 October 2006, 03:19 PM
ride5000
Scooby Regular

you need more help than this board can give.
Old 16 October 2006, 03:44 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

LOL
Old 17 October 2006, 01:36 AM
bigfilly79
Scooby Newbie

Default yeah funny seriously though ill try to explain more

Ive been at the bodyshop where the damage the car sustained is being put right and i noted exactly what sensors are disconected then the connectors going back to the ecu have the new small loom and on most of these connectors 2 or 3 of the pins have push-on connectors attached? the main part of the loom ive traced to what appears to be a 3bar map sensor?availible with an aftermarket stand alone managment system that was on PE-ltd.com as a kit. now not connected to anything was airflow sensor/water temp sensor
connected normally was cam sensor/crank sensor/t.p.s/o2 sensor
conected to new small wiring loom was 3bar map sensor/solanoid valve/a sensor under intercooler then i cant find where it goes anyone please help!!!!!!!