Notices

Tracing previous owners of UK Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 11 October 2006, 05:57 PM
stevo1970
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tracing previous owners of UK Turbo

Bit of a strange one this. I bought a 2001 (Y reg) Classic Saloon from a Subaru dealer in Shefield just before christmas. The car was standard apart from a Ninja back box (which I have since replaced with a standard STi 5 box). I've run the car with no problems since then getting it serviced a my local dealer (Stan Palmer, Carlisle). A few people that have been in the car have comented that it is very quick for a standard car. A friend of mine, who has been test driving Imprezas with a view to buying one, said that it felt quicker than STi's including a PPP 04 STi. I checked the ECU, thinking it might be a PPP one and found an ae800 when I was expecting a ae802.

Now don't get me wrong i'm not complaining but I intend modifying the car and I would like to know where I am starting from.

In my quest to find what the car may (or may not) be i'm trying a long shot first. I am trying to trace any previous owners of which I think there are 3.

So the car is a 2001 Classic UK Turbo Y6**TJW originally owned by Subaru UK after being bought from Rochdale, then serviced in Shrewsbury. Deeside, Newton Abbot, Kendal, Sheffield and Carlisle.

Failing this can a dealer or tuner check the ecu to see if it has been remapped.

Thanks
Old 11 October 2006, 07:39 PM
sti-chris
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stevo1970
Bit of a strange one this. I bought a 2001 (Y reg) Classic Saloon from a Subaru dealer in Shefield just before christmas. The car was standard apart from a Ninja back box (which I have since replaced with a standard STi 5 box). I've run the car with no problems since then getting it serviced a my local dealer (Stan Palmer, Carlisle). A few people that have been in the car have comented that it is very quick for a standard car. A friend of mine, who has been test driving Imprezas with a view to buying one, said that it felt quicker than STi's including a PPP 04 STi. I checked the ECU, thinking it might be a PPP one and found an ae800 when I was expecting a ae802.

Now don't get me wrong i'm not complaining but I intend modifying the car and I would like to know where I am starting from.

In my quest to find what the car may (or may not) be i'm trying a long shot first. I am trying to trace any previous owners of which I think there are 3.

So the car is a 2001 Classic UK Turbo Y6**TJW originally owned by Subaru UK after being bought from Rochdale, then serviced in Shrewsbury. Deeside, Newton Abbot, Kendal, Sheffield and Carlisle.

Failing this can a dealer or tuner check the ecu to see if it has been remapped.

Thanks
My log book has the last previous keepers name and address.
so unless the garage has registered it , im sure you will find the previous keeper's information on your logbook.