Notices

Painting Dashboard advice

Search this Thread

Old 04 October 2006, 07:16 PM
Impreza_wrcsti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Painting Dashboard advice

Hi all. Just a question. Im interested in trying to improve the look of my 1997 2.0 rx non turbos interior and was wondering if I could either paint, or get replacement parts for some of the dashbord to smarten it up? Any ideas or suggestions?

Also is there any way you can think of increasing the "storage space" in the front of the car. The later models have the centre dash storage space. Is it possible to replace a newer dash with my current one?

Thanks in advance.
Old 04 October 2006, 09:03 PM
gotmashed
Scooby Regular

use normal car paint dont bother with dash spray make sure its clean from crap under coat and spray then laquer (sp) when you happy with it take your time. Do it in a nice warm dry place no damp cold air if your intrested ive done a few bits of mine and can get some photos in the morning
Old 04 October 2006, 09:11 PM
Impreza_wrcsti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gotmashed
use normal car paint dont bother with dash spray make sure its clean from crap under coat and spray then laquer (sp) when you happy with it take your time. Do it in a nice warm dry place no damp cold air if your intrested ive done a few bits of mine and can get some photos in the morning
Hi there, thanks for the info. Im very interested in your results to be honest. Post pics if you can.

Also found this place from another thread which looks quite interesting. http://www.sunstop-shop.com/ > Prewoodec - Dash Trims