Notices

un-equal length headers on JDM STI twin scroll??

Search this Thread

Old 17 September 2006, 01:38 PM
~DrEaM~
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default un-equal length headers on JDM STI twin scroll??

is it possible to put some Ported STI 8 un-equal length headers on the STI JDM twin scroll ?? i will still keep the up-pipe...
Old 17 September 2006, 02:18 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why?
Its a BIG step backwards, and you would probably have to replace the down pipe as well.
Pro's..... errrrrrm a flat 4 sound?? :shrug:
Cons, loss of bhp, loss of torque, would need a remap, would loose that even better rally car sound (jet fighter if you like to call it that )
If you want a flat 4 sound, get a type uk
If you want a car that doesnt need to have ported headers to get torque/bhp, then stick with a JDM twin scroll
Just look at how much work you need on a type UK to get the sort of bhp/torque you do on a JDM, your going backwards doing something the car definately doesnt need (cos the original part is BETTER )

Tony
Old 17 September 2006, 02:22 PM
~DrEaM~
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
Why?
Its a BIG step backwards, and you would probably have to replace the down pipe as well.
Pro's..... errrrrrm a flat 4 sound?? :shrug:
Cons, loss of bhp, loss of torque, would need a remap, would loose that even better rally car sound (jet fighter if you like to call it that )
If you want a flat 4 sound, get a type uk
If you want a car that doesnt need to have ported headers to get torque/bhp, then stick with a JDM twin scroll
Just look at how much work you need on a type UK to get the sort of bhp/torque you do on a JDM, your going backwards doing something the car definately doesnt need (cos the original part is BETTER )

Tony

thanks tony...

i am loving the power delivery or the twin scroll , and its going for a remap next month with all the usuall mods...

but i was just thinking if i can get the flat 4 burble as well as the twin scroll then wouldnt it be perfect?
Old 17 September 2006, 02:33 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All you need on one of these for 360bhp is an exhaust and filter, you should have atleast 360lbs of torque at the end of it, 370+lbs is more like it, seen them with 400lbs with just an exhaust and filter (remapped)

Tony

PS, no I wouldnt want to change the sound back, the car is a lot smoother without the uneven idle that uneven lenght headers give you
Old 17 September 2006, 02:47 PM
~DrEaM~
Scooby Regular

All you need on one of these for 360bhp is an exhaust and filter, you should have atleast 360lbs of torque at the end of it, 370+lbs is more like it, seen them with 400lbs with just an exhaust and filter (remapped)

Tony

PS, no I wouldnt want to change the sound back, the car is a lot smoother without the uneven idle that uneven lenght headers give you
thanks for the info.... just waiting to get paid then off for a remap
Old 18 September 2006, 06:47 AM
MR400
Scooby Regular

Care to share the data from your claims?