ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   un-equal length headers on JDM STI twin scroll?? (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/544482-un-equal-length-headers-on-jdm-sti-twin-scroll.html)

~DrEaM~ 17 September 2006 01:38 PM

un-equal length headers on JDM STI twin scroll??

is it possible to put some Ported STI 8 un-equal length headers on the STI JDM twin scroll ?? i will still keep the up-pipe...

TonyBurns 17 September 2006 02:18 PM

Why?
Its a BIG step backwards, and you would probably have to replace the down pipe as well.
Pro's..... errrrrrm a flat 4 sound?? :shrug:
Cons, loss of bhp, loss of torque, would need a remap, would loose that even better rally car sound (jet fighter if you like to call it that ;))
If you want a flat 4 sound, get a type uk ;)
If you want a car that doesnt need to have ported headers to get torque/bhp, then stick with a JDM twin scroll :D
Just look at how much work you need on a type UK to get the sort of bhp/torque you do on a JDM, your going backwards doing something the car definately doesnt need (cos the original part is BETTER ;))

Tony:)

~DrEaM~ 17 September 2006 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
Why?
Its a BIG step backwards, and you would probably have to replace the down pipe as well.
Pro's..... errrrrrm a flat 4 sound?? :shrug:
Cons, loss of bhp, loss of torque, would need a remap, would loose that even better rally car sound (jet fighter if you like to call it that ;))
If you want a flat 4 sound, get a type uk ;)
If you want a car that doesnt need to have ported headers to get torque/bhp, then stick with a JDM twin scroll :D
Just look at how much work you need on a type UK to get the sort of bhp/torque you do on a JDM, your going backwards doing something the car definately doesnt need (cos the original part is BETTER ;))

thanks tony...

i am loving the power delivery or the twin scroll :norty: , and its going for a remap next month with all the usuall mods...

but i was just thinking if i can get the flat 4 burble as well as the twin scroll then wouldnt it be perfect? :D :lol1:

TonyBurns 17 September 2006 02:33 PM

All you need on one of these for 360bhp is an exhaust and filter, you should have atleast 360lbs of torque at the end of it, 370+lbs is more like it, seen them with 400lbs with just an exhaust and filter ;) (remapped)

PS, no I wouldnt want to change the sound back, the car is a lot smoother without the uneven idle that uneven lenght headers give you :p

~DrEaM~ 17 September 2006 02:47 PM

All you need on one of these for 360bhp is an exhaust and filter, you should have atleast 360lbs of torque at the end of it, 370+lbs is more like it, seen them with 400lbs with just an exhaust and filter ;) (remapped)

PS, no I wouldnt want to change the sound back, the car is a lot smoother without the uneven idle that uneven lenght headers give you :p

thanks for the info.... just waiting to get paid then off for a remap :D

MR400 18 September 2006 06:47 AM

Care to share the data from your claims?