Notices

Been to hell n back with heater matrix removal...

Search this Thread

Old 12 September 2006, 06:42 PM
lee_thefirst
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Been to hell n back with heater matrix removal...

Hi,

After reading up on the removal of a heater matrix I realised that it was a big job but with me buying a house v soon n having a wee bit of male pride I decided to tackle the job myself.

Started Saturday with some help from my brother but he only lasted 2 hrs before he went off leaving me to struggle on my own. Managed to strip down dash etc n remove the cross memeber bar.

Sunday spells of rain so not much was done, so i thought i would put a days holiday in on Monday to finish the job.

Monday started early removed the matrix.... which was a ball ache only to find that after comparing the old to the new one I realised I had been sent the wrong one.

Tuesday another days holiday used. New matrix arrives early this morning. Worked all day to put everything back together. On the home straight, final touches, only to find that the steering column bottom bush has popped out (im sure thats what it is as there is loads of play at the bottom).

Now how on earth do I sort the steering problem out?? Im in a real mess now so any help would be really really appreciated OR if any would fancy doing the job I would pay them as I just done have the tools or knowleadge.

Sorry I have gone on..... just fraustrated n need help

Lee