Notices

fuelling

Search this Thread

Old 26 August 2006, 03:31 PM
Dav 27
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuelling

Another query i have lads,if yers can advise me , i own a jap my 95 wrx ,which has just blown two pistons ,possibly due to bad fuelling so i was made to beleive ,its now getting fully rebuilt new bearings, forged pistons etc etc ,due to the expense of the build i dont want to risk the same problem happening again I.E. blowing pistons down to bad fuelling ,the car is running a z4 ecu which is pretty much as close to a uk ecu i can apparantly get , Has anyone any suggestions the way around it i can go to cure this nagging i have in my head of bad fuelling ,I have a feeling the only way around it is to get the car mapped by a mapper , am i right in thinking this , or is it something else i need to be doing or buying Thanks
Old 26 August 2006, 04:52 PM
rossi_classicwrx
Scooby Regular

i had a similar problem on my old engine and have just finished going down the route your going. The only real way to fully put your mind at rest as well as increasing the performance is get an apexi power fc or similar and have it professionally mapped. I ran my car in fully pretty much standard and im soon to be getting the mapping done and really looking forward to it. I would have the car checked as soon as its all back together just to make sure the fueling is all right.
There is methods of just controlling the fueling such as apexi safc. I have one of these that im selling but i decided to get the whole replacement ecu instead.
Good luck with the rebuild.
Old 26 August 2006, 05:38 PM
Dav 27
Scooby Regular

Default fuel issue

Its head farting aint it , you mean you just replaced your ecu to combat the issue of jap ecu not being set for uk fuel, I think i,m gona have to get it booked in at the mappers and see what they say ,once i,m back on me feet and flush ,cheers
Old 26 August 2006, 06:10 PM
rossi_classicwrx
Scooby Regular

I didn't change the ecu to account for the fuel mate. I was doing it as a performace mod more than anything. I want to be in the mid 300's power wise so it was a logical step for me. If you run optimax and octance boosters you shouldn't have any problems
Old 26 August 2006, 07:42 PM
Dav 27
Scooby Regular

Default fuelling

I think i m in the same boat as you were , ive asked garage to remove my supa chip aswell as this could be contributing to the problem of bad fuelling , so i think i,ll be loosing abit of power when i get my car back ,so knowing me eventually i,ll want abit more power when ive run her in ,which in turn ,i may need to think about safer mods to get abit more power so i might need to go along the mapping route or that power fc your spoke about ,the car now is a 260hp version with full 3 "mongoose decat zaust with uprated airfilter , i think my version has a td05 on it ,so any idea as to what bhp it would likely have now and what do you think it would take to make 300hp maybe 350.cheers
Old 26 August 2006, 07:57 PM
rossi_classicwrx
Scooby Regular

Hi i may be wrong but the mods ive gone for aiming for the mid 300's is:
Walbro fuel pump
ported headers
blitz induction kit
hybrid front mount intercooler
(oil temp,pressure and boost gauges so i can keep an eye on things)
full forged internals and uprated bearings, triple layer steel headgaskets, uprated oil pump
new td-05 turbo
apexi powerfc and commader
new map sensor should be coming when i find out part number!
fully decated
denso 550 injectors.
I'm sure theres more but i can't think of them at the moment.

If your thinking of getting a power fc the best bet is to buy it from the person mapping your car you get a better deal that way. I'm sure more experienced people will help you on here on the mods front though!
Old 26 August 2006, 08:00 PM
Dav 27
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rossi_classicwrx
Hi i may be wrong but the mods ive gone for aiming for the mid 300's is:
Walbro fuel pump
ported headers
blitz induction kit
hybrid front mount intercooler
(oil temp,pressure and boost gauges so i can keep an eye on things)
full forged internals and uprated bearings, triple layer steel headgaskets, uprated oil pump
new td-05 turbo
apexi powerfc and commader
new map sensor should be coming when i find out part number!
fully decated
denso 550 injectors.
I'm sure theres more but i can't think of them at the moment.

If your thinking of getting a power fc the best bet is to buy it from the person mapping your car you get a better deal that way. I'm sure more experienced people will help you on here on the mods front though!

Ha ha ha i,m no expert but i,m sure theres enough mods there to make well into 300 bhp mate cheers for conversing with me....Dave

Trending Topics

Old 26 August 2006, 08:25 PM
rossi_classicwrx
Scooby Regular

yeah no probs. If you need any advice on anythin pm me.. i've had my fair share of problems so reckon ive learned a fair bit!!
Old 26 August 2006, 08:29 PM
Dav 27
Scooby Regular

Default fuelling

Originally Posted by rossi_classicwrx
yeah no probs. If you need any advice on anythin pm me.. i've had my fair share of problems so reckon ive learned a fair bit!!
cheers bud..appreciated .