Notices

Quick Defi adaptor help...

Search this Thread

Old 26 August 2006, 10:35 AM
monkeyboy173
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick Defi adaptor help...

Im fitting my defi BF's today but just need to get the oil pressure adaptor. I have a shop local to me that sells them I just need to know what size I need if I want to fit it below the alternator. Ive read loads of posts and really confused myself now

Are either of the ones below correct or am i completly wrong

ADAPTOR M18*1.5(M) to 1/8NPT(F) Short Style
ADAPTOR M18*1.5(M) to M10*1(F) Short Style

Anyones speedy response would be great as they shut at 12oc.

Thanks
Brad
Old 26 August 2006, 01:32 PM
Rokay
Scooby Regular

Hi mate. You sort something out?

For the oil pressure you'll not be needing an adaptor. You'll see the om sensor is infact of two halves. Remove the spade end electrical connection. Remove the upper half of the oil px sensor leaving the lwr half in the block. It's just a matter of screwing the new sesor into the remaining half. Don't forget two or three wraps of ptfe tape. Dispite the taper threads on these sensors you will adventually get an oil weep.

Just a thread i replied to a while back......

Hi mate,

Adaptors you'll be needing for gauge installation you can get from

http://www.lma-group.com/motorsport/...ing_parts.html

For the oil temp gauge you'll be needing the LMA067. This goes over the number 3 cylinder. To get to this area you'll need to remove the air resonator box and the various hoseing in the general area of said cylinder. Once you have gained access you'll see a bung with a 8mm hex drive (Allen Key) Remove this and install the LMA067 adaptor. Don't forget the ptfe tape. Screw in the gauge sensors into this again ptfe tape to be applied. Basically thats the oil temp sensor done.

Some people may well say install the temp sensor in a sandwich plate between the oil filter and sump. Thats a much simpler option for sure but for me the sensor and all associated wiring is open to the elements under the car. Also the hottest point on the engine is said to be over the number3 cylinder. So for me i'd rather have mine located there out of harms way. Your call.

Oil pressure. That ones located under the alternator. You'll see the original pressure sensor here with a spade end connector and wire on the top. Remove spade end from sensor.
Now then you'll notice the sensor is in two halves. Remove the upper half and leave the lower half in the block. Now you can do one of two things either install a remote tee piece adaptor LMA095 which allows you to use your original dash warning light as well as your new gauge at the same time or you can screw in your gauge sensor straight into the lower half of the original press adaptor. Do it that way and you'll not be using the dash warning. At the moment i have the latter installed just ahven't got round to installing a remote tee piece.

Here a very good link all based on the classic. Unfortunatly it seems to be unavailable at the moment i guess Stefan is up dateing it but please check it out it's a god send if you haven't done and installation before.

http://www.stefanostadal.homedns.org

See how you get on with that.
Old 26 August 2006, 01:44 PM
monkeyboy173
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the reply.

Ive got the oil pressure sorted now (haveing removed 2½ knuckles in the process ) I didnt realise that the OE pressure sensor was in two pieces!!

Boost should be straight forward im going to T into the pipe that comes off of the boost solenoid keeping it all neat and tidy under the cover. Does it matter which one of the two pipes I use?

The EGT im leaving unitl next week. Does this have to be as close to the turbo as possible or can it go in the second unused whole in the small decat pipe ive fitted?

sorry forgot to mention its a MY02 STi Bugeye.

P.S Im loving the Defis they look F@@@ing awesome!
Old 26 August 2006, 01:53 PM
Rokay
Scooby Regular

Mate i only know classics i'm affraid. As far as there'er concerned i plumbed mine on the ctr hose on the inlet manifold. Look below.

Have a look at Muddys site and theres quite a good photo on what he has done.

http://www.mudd90.freeserve.co.uk/te...stuff_diy3.htm

You got that on yours mate?

EGT gauges......not installed one of those before. Sorry.
Old 26 August 2006, 01:57 PM
Rokay
Scooby Regular

Mate me again. See your from Basingstoke. You been to any Reading meets at all?

Have a look at the new www.readingjapmeet.co.uk site. Got all the fixtures for the next 9 mths. Perhaps i'll see you there soon
Old 26 August 2006, 02:04 PM
monkeyboy173
Scooby Regular

Not been to any of the "Readingjapmeets" yet only been a scooby owner for a couple of months now. Its not far from us ill try and come down to the next one on the 19th.

Cant make out the orentation on that picture of fitting gauges but ill have a closer look.
Old 26 August 2006, 02:41 PM
pippyrips
Scooby Regular

i've got pics of how/where they are all fitted on my 04 if they are of use?

Trending Topics

Old 26 August 2006, 03:39 PM
monkeyboy173
Scooby Regular

pippyrips - PM Sent

thanks for the replies
Old 26 August 2006, 05:12 PM
Rokay
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by monkeyboy173

thanks for the replies

You sorted now mate ?

Yes do pop along to a Reading meet be good to meet you. Meetings been a tad quite lately but with the new site i think it may well grow as time goes on.
Old 26 August 2006, 05:17 PM
st3ph3n
Scooby Regular

http://www.psi3.co.uk/downloads/sensorinstall.pdf - Good guide on installing the oil sensors and the EGT for the defis.