Notices

Turbo Balance in Aberdeen?

Search this Thread

Old 13 August 2006, 11:36 PM
WRX_monkey
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo Balance in Aberdeen?

Even folks, just srtipped down and rebuilt my turbo with weekend with nice new shiny bits. Does anyone know of anywhere in the north east of Scotland or Aberdeen area that does turbo balancing, figured its probably a good idea to get this done properly if I've gone to the trouble of replacing the internals.

Thanks in advance.
Old 14 August 2006, 01:11 AM
WUZ
Scooby Senior

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

I send all mine down to Turboforce who balance them for a very good price. If you have only changed the thrust bearings, etc and not the turbine shaft/compressor wheel you'll be fine if you marked the placement of the compressor wheel in relation to the main shaft whulst you stripped it down.

Russell
BHP Developments, Aberdeen
Old 14 August 2006, 09:44 AM
WRX_monkey
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply Russel,

How long does it take to do? I was hoping to get the car back together this week as moving at weekend and need the car. Wasn't going to bother with the balance but accidentally removed the marking for the turbine wheel when wire brushing the housing (I know very stupid !!!), but the markings for the compressor wheel are still there. I'm pretty sure where it lined up, but how much does it have to be out to cause problems?

Also, should the shaft spin quite freely or should it feel tighter with the new snap-ring in? I assume this should be tight as it is the oil seal.

Cheers.