Notices

Intermittent fault.

Search this Thread

Old 13 August 2006, 08:54 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intermittent fault.

On two occasions the car has behaved very strangely. MY2000 wrx ra, started jerking and then cut out. As if there was a fuelling problem, started her up and and set off with the car jerking again. Very strange didn't do it again for two weeks and then did it again. Then as suddenly as it came it went. Can anyone shed some light?
Old 15 August 2006, 07:27 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Einstein RA
On two occasions the car has behaved very strangely. MY2000 wrx ra, started jerking and then cut out. As if there was a fuelling problem, started her up and and set off with the car jerking again. Very strange didn't do it again for two weeks and then did it again. Then as suddenly as it came it went. Can anyone shed some light?

Update. As per my suspicions, this is more than likely to be a fuel pick up problem. Speaking to others who have had a similar experience after fitting an uprated fuel pump. The 'sock' on the uprated pumps is inferior to the OE one! The problem arises when the 'sock' has come away from the main body of the pump and needs re-attaching properly. The symptoms as experienced by myself are worst on low fuel levels and gradients, or when taking corners at speed.

Maz