Notices

FUEL- DET-IMPORTS

Search this Thread

Old 10 August 2006, 05:21 PM
fireblade37
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FUEL- DET-IMPORTS

Thinking on trading in my00 uk and getting an import,dont know which one yet. Is it ok to run it on optimax without booster? does the ecu make adjustments for the lower ron fuel? Will it cause det due to the different fuels? I may be wrong but you can run myuk on 95,97, opti without any issues, does that apply to imports. I have been told that if you run your import on 3/4 tanks of fuel after a ecu reset all will be ok TRUE/FULSE. Sorry for all the questions,i dont know to much about imports

Thanks
Old 10 August 2006, 11:35 PM
silent running
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The ECU on a Japanese import is set for Japanese fuel, hence why there was always the big power difference between a Jap WRX and a UK Turbo 2000. People will say different things but in general if you assume import classics are expecting 100 octane fuel you can't go far wrong. It changed over the years, but it's a good rule of thumb. My WRX wagon was imported from new and until last year run exclusively on Optimax with no octane booster -and no problems. Some people put in a bottle of octane boost as a matter of course. As soon as Tesco started doing 99 I used that and again never had any problems on my standard ECU.

Best bet with an import is to budget for getting it remapped as well just to be on the safe side. But bear in mind that Tesco 99 is near enough for everyday use.