Notices

Clutch flexi hose info?

Search this Thread

Old 07 August 2006, 05:36 PM
silent running
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Clutch flexi hose info?

Anyone got an old clutch flexi hose knocking about that they can look at for me? I know the size of the banjo end that attaches to the slave cylinder, but I'm wondering what type of fitting it is on the other end, and what size. Where it attaches to the end of the hard pipework in other words.

Cheers!

BTW yes I am just being lazy - I don't want to have to bleed the clutch system again just to see what size fitting I need...
Old 07 August 2006, 05:49 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?

On early cars its a banjo on each end, just the bolt length and thread pitch is different at each end..

On later cars you have the **** that you describe... so do away with it..

IE ditch the hard pipe completely and bolt it direct to the cylinder.
Old 08 August 2006, 10:20 AM
silent running
Scooby Regular

Well what I'm thinking of is, as you say, to ditch the hard pipework completely and simply run a s/s braided flexi directly from the master cylinder to the slave. I came up with that idea when I was having trouble with bleeding the system and thought there might be a blockage in the plumbing. So I thought that instead of trying to clean it out, which might be impossible if part of the standard black rubber flexi had perished, I'd simply bypass all the factory pipework.

As it turned out, I hooked up the system and got it working on the standard piping and then couldn't face the thought of replacing it with my flexi once I'd got the system working so I left it. But now I've got this half metre Goodridge clutch hose that I made up specifically to bypass the whole lot of factory pipework.

I was wondering whether to shorten the Goodridge hose I've got and put a different end on it so I can use it just as a replacement for the standard rubber hose. But I don't know what the fitting needs to be on the other end from the banjo. I think it's a female fitting, maybe 10x1.0 like the side of the master cylinder.

Or should I stick with Plan A and just hook up my new hose directly from master to slave?