Notices

help on my 94 sti

Search this Thread

Old 28 July 2006, 07:49 AM
hull sti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help on my 94 sti

hi guys my 94 sti running exhaust still got cat on.fmic.induction kit. the car seems be held bk at under 2000 rpm as if its not on all four cylinders revs go up and it seems to like break free and be ok untill u get bk under 2000 rpm again.the car is running standard ecu.im just wondering if leaking boost would cause this as the fmic is newly fitted to the car. ? ? ?. also would u say the car is ok running these parts. ? cheers.
Old 28 July 2006, 08:12 AM
rigga
Scooby Regular

from what you describe....... id say the car isn't running right at all !!
front mount needs to be accounted for by the ecu for the difference in air flow,that year of ecu cannot be remapped,and i dont think some of the piggy back chips available are suited for fmic use.... apexi pfc is a good choice,but expensive...... although from here on in,anything you do will not be cheap

fully decat it,add a mapable ecu,decent cold air filtration uprated fuel pump and watch her fly...
Old 28 July 2006, 08:50 AM
hull sti
Scooby Regular

hi mate yer im gona go for an apexi power fc in the end would uprating the fuel pump cure any fueling problems ie running lean maybe.? thanx
Old 28 July 2006, 08:54 AM
rigga
Scooby Regular

walbro 255lph pump is recomended as the older ones might be a little tired with age,and might not deliver enough fuel at high rpm,and therefore run lean,any lean running issues can be sorted by the mapper when its all set up though..... apexi is a nice bit of kit if you get the commander with it,very usefull
Old 28 July 2006, 09:04 AM
hull sti
Scooby Regular

cheers riga mate.what do u reckon id be paying to get the apexi fc mapped and set up if i bought one say.i mite buy an air fuel ratio gauge just to be safe for the mean time untill i get an apexi. chris
Old 28 July 2006, 09:09 AM
rigga
Scooby Regular

afr gauge is a good idea,although only normally a narrow band item,it at least can give som indication as to fuel mixture...will flash all over the place in normal driving as the ecu alters between rich and lean for economy purposes.... but as long as it shosw steady rich when on boost then its ok

Apexi can be had new fitted and mapped for roughly £900 from some of the guys on here.... i got one second hand for £360 and then £300 odd to map it with a 3 port boost solenoid thrown in..... nice now lol
Old 28 July 2006, 09:13 AM
hull sti
Scooby Regular

u jammy get.lol ive been searching all over for a second hand power fc no one wants to part with them.lol i can get one of a 97 sti but as far as i kno it wont fit.suppose ill have to buy new.lol. u at elvington on sunday if ur close bye. ?

Trending Topics

Old 28 July 2006, 09:19 AM
rigga
Scooby Regular

would like to pop up to york..... but a bit of a trek so prob wont be..... they do crop up every so often on the various subaru forums,and ebay too.... just gotta be quick and make sure its the right one for your model car as i think there are 3 or 4 various ones,but not 100% sure

martin
Old 28 July 2006, 09:22 AM
hull sti
Scooby Regular

yer its gona be a good day its only like 25 mins from me so its not bad.so what u got then mate an sti.what u running power etc. chris
Old 28 July 2006, 09:30 AM
rigga
Scooby Regular

na modded my00 wrx wagon running 300-320
Old 28 July 2006, 10:45 AM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hull sti
u jammy get.lol ive been searching all over for a second hand power fc no one wants to part with them.lol i can get one of a 97 sti but as far as i kno it wont fit.suppose ill have to buy new.lol. u at elvington on sunday if ur close bye. ?
needs to be a 4 plug 92~96 Apexi.. 97~98 are different and then it changed again at 99~00.

£900 seems a bit expensive

Simon