thinking of fitting a piggy back

Search this Thread

Old 09 July 2006, 03:51 PM
scoobie-shieldy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thinking of fitting a piggy back

to my z4...

but wondering wot would b the best 1 too actually fit?

its a MY95, Greddy EBC, De-Cat Nur Spec exhaust, Walbro 255l fulel pump, Fuel Regulator, AFR

so which 1 guys, u decide then i might get it
Old 09 July 2006, 05:11 PM
scoobie-shieldy
Scooby Regular

134 views no replies? u guys in same boat as me and dont kno?
Old 09 July 2006, 05:13 PM
WRXshaneWRX
Scooby Regular

sell the z4 and all ur bits and buy an apexi power fc mate
Old 09 July 2006, 06:21 PM
scoobie-shieldy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WRXshaneWRX
sell the z4 and all ur bits and buy an apexi power fc mate

mmmmmm the cash aint a problem, so i dont think ill b selling any of my parts thanks, im leaning towards this tbh, will it fit on the z4 ecu???

Power FC Commander

[Add to Wishlist]
Quantity: Please choose your applicationGeneric (All applications): £211.50: £211.50 objForm = new qForm("orderform1194");objForm.required("Option1") ;objForm.Option1.description = "Please choose your application";/* verify numeric for addon fields that require it */objForm.Quantity.validateNumeric();qFormAPI.errorC olor = "ffffff";
The Power FC proudly stands as A'PEX's answer to the constraints and limitations associated with most piggy-back style fuel controllers. The Power FC is a complete, stand alone, total engine management system capable of handling virtually anything thrown in its path. From multiple point fuel and ignition control to VTEC engagement (Honda applications) and boost settings, the Power FC is capable of accommodating even the most demanding performance enthusiasts.

Characteristics:
Currently available only through Power Excel Shops, the Power FC replaces the factory ECU and controls all engine parameters.(Off road use only, no OBD-II) Installation is as easy as replacing the factory ECU. (Some minor rewiring is required on select vehicles.) The factory engine harness does not need to be replaced and all critical accessories such as air conditioning continue to function. By using the optional FC COMMANDER, the user can adjust and modify a wide range of settings. By changing various parameters and data, the Power FC will adapt to any of your performance needs. Since there is no need to upgrade ROM chips or trade in ECU's, the factory ECU can be kept by the original user.

The Power FC operates off of three Main Menus. These menus are : Monitor, Setting, and ETC.

In Monitor Mode, the Commander can display up to 10 parameters of data in real time.
Monitor Mode can display:

Engine RPM
Ignition Timing
Vehicle Speed
Air Flow Voltage (Pressure Sensor Voltage)
Injector Duty Cycle
Boost
Knocking Level
Battery Voltage
Intake Air Temp
Water Temp

In addition, there are 4 display patterns allowing 1-8 parameters to be shown on screen at once. The data displays in numerical real time values with the option of a real time 10 second graph display. Peak Hold values and Display Hold functions only require the touch of a button. The Map Trace Mode allows Ghost Map Tracing of the Fuel Correction and Ignition Timing maps. This allows the user to visually see what point of the map is being used in real time. The Ghost Map Trace function leaves markers on the used portions of the map for easy reference.

Setting Mode allows full access to the 20x20 ignition timing and fuel correction maps. The user can adjust any portion of this map in 5x5 sections. Air flow correction values can be entered for vehicles upgrading air flow meters. Injector pulse correction menu is used when upgrading injectors on the engine. The Acceleration Enrichment Correction function improves response under hard and sudden acceleration. The Cranking Fuel Injection menu corrects the amount of fuel when the engine is being cranked, or when the water temperature is cold. A separate Water Temp menu allows fuel correction according to water temperature. The RPM menu allows rev limiter settings and idle RPM levels. Access menus also vary according to specialty engines. Rotary engine Power FC's accommodate leading and trailing ignition maps. Honda engines Power FC's allow for VTEC control. Complete boost control is possible by using the optional Boost Control Kit (Not necessary for vehicles that come factory turbocharged.). Changing data is easy: just access the desired point on the map or data, and push the FC COMMANDER keys in the appropriate direction.

The ETC Menu contains utility parameters such as : version information, LCD screen Brightness, and Initialization of all Data. In addition, the ETC Mode allows the user to monitor all factory sensors through one screen. This screen can tell the user if any sensor is in use or malfunctioning.

The Power FC also comes preprogrammed with several base maps. (Currently with Japan Domestic Market Vehicle Maps. Minor initial tuning may be required. Please contact your authorized Power Excel shop for more information.) This makes the initial tuning process much quicker. As with all other fuel controllers, the POWER FC should be tuned on a dynomometer by a trained professional. A high grade air/ fuel ratio monitor is also recommended during tuning to ensure best results.
Old 09 July 2006, 06:25 PM
WRXshaneWRX
Scooby Regular

mate i dont understand what your asking??? if u mean your going to buy the apexi power fc then your z4 gets binned, thats why i said sell it
Old 09 July 2006, 06:38 PM
sifly
Scooby Regular

The Power FC is a stand alone unit not a piggy back mate it makes the Z4 redundant.
Old 09 July 2006, 06:38 PM
scoobie-shieldy
Scooby Regular

but isnt the commander a piggyback?
Old 09 July 2006, 06:42 PM
sifly
Scooby Regular

Not 100% sure but i think the commander is what is used for tweaking the map but maybe wrong.
Old 09 July 2006, 07:03 PM
scoobie-shieldy
Scooby Regular

o god im even more confused than i was when i started
Old 09 July 2006, 07:08 PM
WRXshaneWRX
Scooby Regular

ok mate..ill explain it...

apexi make the "POWER FC" which mean full computer, does what it says on the tin (changes the full computer), the hand controller is an addon i/o device....

so...if you buy an apexi power fc (the silver bit in the picture u put up) you take out the z4 and never need it again, and u get the hand conroller with it (for an extra £150 or so) which lets you watch everything your car is doing or custom map it on the move
Old 09 July 2006, 07:13 PM
scoobie-shieldy
Scooby Regular

i c m8 cheers

so price will b a tad over £600notes instead of £211 lolz o well

back to the question in hand, wots the best too use too piggy back the ecu?
Old 09 July 2006, 07:22 PM
sifly
Scooby Regular

In the pic you posted you have the silver box and the black hand unit if i understand it correctly then the silver box takes the place of your Z4 they have a generic map in them then your mapper tweaks it with the hand held try a search on the Apexi and see what you come up with mate.
Old 09 July 2006, 07:49 PM
MMT WRX
Scooby Regular

Do you mean this sort of thing?

ESL

If so there was a 'group buy' recently, have a butchers in that section for what peoples thoughts are here page 3 onwards.

Mick