Notices

Drivers door opening with window - please help!

Search this Thread

Old 07 June 2006, 09:11 PM
Aaron
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drivers door opening with window - please help!

Suffering from a very annoying and potentially dangerous problem that my drivers door comes open every time I lower the window to the bottom of its travel. It appears the window is going slightly too low and fouling the door mechanism. Anyone know what is supposed to regulate the travel? Electrical or mechanical? Is it possible to put some barrier in the way to stop it? I can't see evidence of any plastic bits broken off or the like...?

Please help!

Thanks, Aaron
Old 07 June 2006, 10:09 PM
thedeester1
Scooby Regular

The door lock mechanism runs through the middle of the door. The window should pass it All i can say is remove the door panel and drop the window. Only then you will see whats going on.
Old 07 June 2006, 11:16 PM
Aaron
Scooby Regular

Yep, the problem is the window is fouling the actual catch mechanism at the rear of the door, clear to see but I don't know what to do about it. Appears the window is going too low by comparing with passenger side, can't see any other explanation, just don't know what controls the stop point of the window...

Any ideas??
Old 08 June 2006, 07:55 AM
[Davey]
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like the window is dropping at a funny angle, check that its secured to the runners, one of the brackets at the bottom of the glass may have broken.
Old 24 June 2006, 11:53 PM
Aaron
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

After putting in quite a lot of effort, I still can't figure this one out. It does appear that the window may be dropping at a funny angle, because around when it get to the bottom it moves backwards, but then the passenger window also does this....mind you the passenger door wouldn't shut with the window all the way down the other day (have not been able to reproduce that) so I guess both doors have the problem. There is no evidence of anything broken that I can find, all runners in place and nothing loose or broken that I can find. Someone else must have had this problem if both my doors are doing it?! Is it normal for the glass to change angle near the bottom of travel (move 'back')? All I can think of is a complete new mechanism or a block to stop the travel which I haven't managed to get working...

Please help!

Thanks, Aaron