Notices

Innovative LC1 wideband help please

Search this Thread

Old 25 May 2006, 08:23 PM
Cret
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Innovative LC1 wideband help please

Trying to set up my LC1 as I understand it needs programming (the analog outputs that go to the FC Datalogit), but I cannot connect the LC1 directly to the laptop to program it as it comes with a serial cable and my laptop doesn't have a serial port.

The USB cable for my Datalogit will plug into the serial cable for the LC1 but even if the connections were right it's not going to work unless there's some software that tells it to work via USB.

Anyone else that's had this problem? I thought the LC1 would have default settings that would at least give some useful output without programming it but when I've logged it the output barely moved at all from 1500-7000rpm in 3rd so sure it needs setting up but I can't connect it to the laptop to do that.

Can anyone help?!
Cheers!

Jim
Old 25 May 2006, 09:02 PM
Mo
Scooby Regular

Location: the fastest rentals in town......0-100mph in 10 seconds

You should be able to get a USB to serial convertor from one of Innovates distributers for around £20 delivered which will prove invaluable once you begin to play around with the product.

In answer to your question maybe you should ask your supplier, they should have a very good knowledge of the product and provide all the support you need, generally AN1 is set to 0-1v and AN2 is usually set to 0-2v.
Old 25 May 2006, 09:25 PM
ZEN Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Cret
Trying to set up my LC1 as I understand it needs programming (the analog outputs that go to the FC Datalogit), but I cannot connect the LC1 directly to the laptop to program it as it comes with a serial cable and my laptop doesn't have a serial port.

The USB cable for my Datalogit will plug into the serial cable for the LC1 but even if the connections were right it's not going to work unless there's some software that tells it to work via USB.

Anyone else that's had this problem? I thought the LC1 would have default settings that would at least give some useful output without programming it but when I've logged it the output barely moved at all from 1500-7000rpm in 3rd so sure it needs setting up but I can't connect it to the laptop to do that.

Can anyone help?!
Cheers!

Jim
The datalogit USB/serial cable works, I have done it.
Old 25 May 2006, 09:25 PM
Cret
Scooby Regular

Cheers Mo - have actually got it working now.

AN1 seems to be set up to simulate narrowband, and AN2 is set wideband (ie 0-5v being something like AFR 7-23).

So I need to make sure that AN2 is outputting as AFR rather than the actual voltage to make the log reading easier.
Now in LM Programmer where you look at the AN2 settings there is a radio button for Voltage or AFR but I can't get it to remember that I want it on AFR. Any idea what I'm doing wrong or is that not the correct place to set it?

Cheers!
Old 25 May 2006, 09:27 PM
Cret
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Zen Performance
The datalogit USB/serial cable works, I have done it.
Thanks Paul - I've got it to work now. Not sure why it wasn't but most likely me being thick...