Notices

MY00 Samco Induction Hoses

Search this Thread

Old 12 May 2006, 09:20 PM
speedydaveb
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY00 Samco Induction Hoses

I don't suppose any of you have the MY00 samco induction hoses on do you?

I've just tried to refit the inlet manifold and the damn thing fouls on the power steering reservoir. Comparing it to the OEM version (which I broke a pipe off and then sawed in half!) it is way bigger in diameter, the OEM one dips in where it passes the reservoir.

Any advice please on how it should go back together!!??
Old 12 May 2006, 09:48 PM
scooby dancer
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by speedydaveb
I don't suppose any of you have the MY00 samco induction hoses on do you?

I've just tried to refit the inlet manifold and the damn thing fouls on the power steering reservoir. Comparing it to the OEM version (which I broke a pipe off and then sawed in half!) it is way bigger in diameter, the OEM one dips in where it passes the reservoir.

Any advice please on how it should go back together!!??
They are very tight fit especally if you fitted it without removing inlet manifold if you get really stuck i have a stock one which i have had the rear breather pipe moulded with a flexy pipe so can be fitted without removing manifold!!!
Old 12 May 2006, 10:04 PM
speedydaveb
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby dancer
They are very tight fit especally if you fitted it without removing inlet manifold if you get really stuck i have a stock one which i have had the rear breather pipe moulded with a flexy pipe so can be fitted without removing manifold!!!
Thanks for the offer, I might have to take you up on that. It must be possible else they wouldn't sell them!!!!

The inlet manifold is off the car, as my post said I was trying to refit it.

I've got a new up-pipe to fit and new gaskets for around the turbo, and banjo washers (its been on and off a few times) so might just remove it and see if that gives more clearance. The bracket that holds the bottom of the coolant reservoir was also getting in the way so that got removed.

It's going to go on even if I have to take half the car apart to fit it!!
Old 13 May 2006, 01:48 PM
scooby dancer
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by speedydaveb
Thanks for the offer, I might have to take you up on that. It must be possible else they wouldn't sell them!!!!

The inlet manifold is off the car, as my post said I was trying to refit it.

I've got a new up-pipe to fit and new gaskets for around the turbo, and banjo washers (its been on and off a few times) so might just remove it and see if that gives more clearance. The bracket that holds the bottom of the coolant reservoir was also getting in the way so that got removed.

It's going to go on even if I have to take half the car apart to fit it!!
good look it will go ! fit the power steering pump last the rear bolt into the top of the block first that way it will push up against samco as you line up the front two bolts (the fustrating part)
Old 15 May 2006, 09:40 PM
speedydaveb
Scooby Regular

I had another go at it tonight and got it all lined up together. Decided to do a 'dry run' on it as I've reversed the fuel flow from 4-2-1-3 to 1-3-4-2 and modified the original pipework and bracket to suit. Had to make a 'slight adjustment' on one bracket with a hammer as it fouled on the black pipe that runs underneath the inlet manifold, it's all 100% now!

Removing the PS pump/res was easy and would have been impossible without doing this and I also removed the turbo. The hose is still a major squeeze. I have had to trim 10mm off either side of the 'S' shaped hose that fits under the inlet manifold as it was like a 'Z' and bent flat due to the increase in induction pipe diameter!

The front seems to distort slightly due to the PS pump/res, though I have fitted the gold 'O' band from the old induction hose into the new one to prevent this from happening, it should be fine now.

Thanks again for your help scooby dancer, it was spot on! If I see you this Sunday I'll buy you a pint!