Air induction and exhaust questions for MY06 STI

Search this Thread

Old 08 May 2006, 04:04 PM
SineSTI
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air induction and exhaust questions for MY06 STI

Hi,

I got 2 questions. 1. Can I change air induction system (possibly K/N 57i) without remaping on MY06 STI without any problem for my motor?

2. Same thing for exhaust parts: if I only change rear box and mid silencer?

Thanks!
Old 08 May 2006, 09:58 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

The ECU should compensate well enough for any variation in air flow through the intake and gas flow through the exhaust. I personally wouldn't bother with the induction kit as you won't get any extra power, and may even reduce it by sucking in hot engine bay air. Fit a good panel (K&N, JR Racing or Green) and do the resonator mod to get better results without any risk. If 06 STi's are as the previous 2.0l then the centre section will be a straight pipe with no cat or resonator box, so a decent free flowing back box will give back some burble and free up a horse or two. If you do need a mid section just get a decat and get a remap after doing all the work to get the best from the investment.
Old 09 May 2006, 12:51 PM
jpar196
Scooby Regular

Dont do the intake mod, if you're gonna do just a pod filter and no cold air box it'll just give you induction noise and not much, if not worse as corradoboy said It will increase your intake temps. I found this out when I had my ecutek tuned with the computer hooked up, and it showed significant difference compared to the stock system. If you do want an after market box, go for the ARC box which is relatively expensive, but damn worth the money. And also If you're gonna do an exhaust, get it done from the turbo back where power is mostly made. also when you're choosing the system, go for the system with a good design downpipe, where is separates wastegate gases to the exhaust gases.

good luck
Old 09 May 2006, 02:28 PM
SineSTI
Scooby Regular

Thanks guys!