Notices

Ebay FMIC Intercoolers

Search this Thread

Old 07 May 2006, 04:45 PM
nickwrxstiV2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay FMIC Intercoolers

Already have done a search and found some interesting posts.

I understand that there is some of the inner wing to cut, or does this depend on the FMIC? I also undestand that there is some cutting of the N/S inner wing and bumper.

Questions to anybody who has bought from Ebay -

1.) Was the kit any good, no missing pipes/clips, etc...?

2.) Quite a few issues with the pipes going to the throttle body, anyone?

3.) I've a Blitz BOV, would I need to buy more pipes?

4.) My front bumper of my MY96 Sti has horizontal slats, would these need cutting off????

Any answers? Cheers!
Old 07 May 2006, 07:04 PM
nickwrxstiV2
Scooby Regular

Just looked at my car, there are a couple of coolers just infront of the rad, will the FMIC fit in front of these or do these need relocating?

Somebody must have an answer!!!?

Thanks!
Old 07 May 2006, 07:11 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A couple of coolers? If you have air con - that will be one cooler
Old 07 May 2006, 07:13 PM
nickwrxstiV2
Scooby Regular

Yeah, I've got air con! I think the other is a metal pipe, maybe the PAS cooler?

Anybody on the FMIC Q's?
Old 07 May 2006, 07:17 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

I have an Ebay cooler.

1./ Kit was good. You need 2 extra samco pipes however. One for the dumpvalve and the other for the inlet manifold IIRC.

2./ Pipe to throttlebody is a tight fit but no real issues.

3./ You just need the extra samco as mentioned.

4./ Dunno - i have an MY99
Old 07 May 2006, 07:18 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Look here
Old 07 May 2006, 07:26 PM
nickwrxstiV2
Scooby Regular

Thanks Brun! How much was the kit? Was it a Hybrid or XS Power????
Old 07 May 2006, 07:49 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Hybrid i think.
Managed to get it for £285 plus tax IIRC. My bid was the only bid luckily
Old 07 May 2006, 11:46 PM
Scoobyslammed
Scooby Regular

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts
Wink

Got my Hybrid fmic off ebay last Oct for £190quid... had the oil catcher tank aswell... with p&p come to £230quid... Bloody bargain...
Old 07 May 2006, 11:51 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Saw that and thought fookin hell that was cheap. Just checked my bank statements - was £185 plus the tax
Catch tank too
Old 08 May 2006, 12:20 AM
Scoobyslammed
Scooby Regular

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts
Wink

I was happy with mine at the price I got it for... still ain't driven it with it on... but with all the other mods... once its back together... should go rather well... and looks mean...!
Old 08 May 2006, 01:26 AM
tath
Scooby Regular

Got one off ebay - cooler was good, pipe's were miles off although I suspect some of the problems may have been different brake pipe arrangement due to no ABS.

However, the main problem wasn't that the pipes didn't fit, it was that they didn't last the winter... They corroded very quickly and very badly - at first i though the chroming was doing something strange but it was the ally blooming up through it, and when removed there was corrosion inside as well! Also, as I had to chop them up to get them to fit, I had time to admire the high quality welding... Bits of wire and crap everywhere inside. Not very happy, especially as I paid extra for a GT Spec but never got it and although promised a refund, never got that either.

Taken the option of since I have to get new pipes made, time to reverse my manifold

hth
Old 08 May 2006, 07:28 AM
riosingh
Scooby Regular

i think the cost of the fmic is not the actual kit, these can be well cheap; flat4online had a gb and they were selling for 280 quid inc vat and shipping.
the real cost comes after. first the air box wont fit so you buy a induction kit, well you might think thats not expencive. but with a fmic and induction kit your mix will be running lean so to stop the engine blowing up, you need a remap, you might have enough money put away for that as well but before you get a remap you need a remapable ecu. i think the most afordable ones are the apexis.
so you think if i'm gone fork out for a remap, might as well do a few other mods first, so the ones wich come to mind are turbo back exhaust, new fuel pump.

i think you shouldn't buy a fmic with the hope of puttin it on straight away, or you'll be dissapointed, rather stast colecting parts that you will bolt on nearer your remap time.
any way, do the reserch your self and if any one can see a cheaperor better way of doing things, i'd be well intrested.
Old 08 May 2006, 08:02 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by riosingh
i think the cost of the fmic is not the actual kit, these can be well cheap; flat4online had a gb and they were selling for 280 quid inc vat and shipping.
the real cost comes after. first the air box wont fit so you buy a induction kit, well you might think thats not expencive. but with a fmic and induction kit your mix will be running lean so to stop the engine blowing up, you need a remap, you might have enough money put away for that as well but before you get a remap you need a remapable ecu. i think the most afordable ones are the apexis.
so you think if i'm gone fork out for a remap, might as well do a few other mods first, so the ones wich come to mind are turbo back exhaust, new fuel pump.

i think you shouldn't buy a fmic with the hope of puttin it on straight away, or you'll be dissapointed, rather stast colecting parts that you will bolt on nearer your remap time.
any way, do the reserch your self and if any one can see a cheaperor better way of doing things, i'd be well intrested.
To be fair, it's probably not worth putting an FMIC on in the first place until you have the above mods in place anyway. I can't imagine anyone with an otherwise standard car would consider this mod worthwhile.
Old 08 May 2006, 07:34 PM
morto15
Scooby Regular

has anyone bought one of ultimate velocitys fmic £399 on ebay just want to know if they fit ok also they do aluminium race radiators any feedback from these?