Notices

somebody help!please!

Search this Thread

Old 30 April 2006, 04:25 PM
eddysti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default somebody help!please!

i need to know if on the 3port boost solenoid on a 95wrx import if you should beable to blow freely through all three cause i can with top and side one but cant through the bottom one,is this normal.?and one more question when running and i take maf senser out it coughs a little but then just idols like normal same again if i then remove it is that normal to?

cheers eddy
Old 30 April 2006, 05:18 PM
ticky
Scooby Senior

Just tested my spare & its the same.
Old 30 April 2006, 05:43 PM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

if the car runs with the maf disconnected it usually means your maf is knackered and the ecu has learnt to compensate for its failing. Would not advise driving if it is faulty as your fuelling could be way out.
The 3 port, the bottom one I think is ecu controlled. This I believe opens to help prevent things like overboosting
Old 30 April 2006, 06:11 PM
thedeester1
Scooby Regular

its a solenoid valve. I believe it is only open to the other port when the ecu tells it to. It controlls the wastegate actuator and turns on and off very quickly to make any value inbetween full on and full off. The bottom port is the return to the manifold but if there is a manual boost control fritted and the actuator is controlled by a switch and the bottom pipe usually vents to the atmsophere through a bleed valve. That way you can run High and low boost settings from a switch inside the car. Never tried it on a scoob but thats the theory. Since it is a valve you should never have all ports open at once. It has to change sides for it to work.
Appart from the MAF sensor whats the real problem (symptoms) with the car or are you just experimenting?
Old 30 April 2006, 07:19 PM
eddysti
Scooby Regular

the car was running fine before on a standard z4ecu and apexi induction unit,but its been off road for a couple of week,all my mods a 99sti intercooler,ss decat bellmouth 3" downpipe,and ss uppipe ported headers all these wrapped was put on with z4 and when changing gear it would splutter and then pull but not really bad,i was waiting for a scoobyecu and when it come i had it fitted to z4 by a mate who managed to naff up ecu board.so on the advise of scott.t i purchesed a v7ecu to put scoobyecu on,he said it would run fine,but with this ecu and chip it now splutters quite bad when changing gear during boost then it will take off again then splutter and throw me forwards and then go again dont actually cut out though!ive read on here that it my be the boost sol. or maybe maf but i realy dont know were to start.could it even be the fuel pump not pumpig enough fuel through for mods?

cheers eddy
Old 30 April 2006, 07:34 PM
thedeester1
Scooby Regular

It sounds like fuel cut due to overboost. You should get it looked at. Its likely its wastegate related. The "boost" Solenoid is actually the wastgate control solenoid and is connected to the "piston" which is the wastegate actuator. if its not clicking it could be the coil faulty on the solenoid. With all the ECU changes though I cant be sure! Could be a compatibility issue or an ECU mapping one.

With the car running without the MAF though you should try and find a swap with a M8. they dont come cheap and if you pay for one and it doesnt solve the problem its money down the drain.

Last edited by thedeester1; 30 April 2006 at 07:52 PM.
Old 30 April 2006, 07:56 PM
eddysti
Scooby Regular

thanks but i dont know anyone with one same year my m8 has an sti 98 there not same.

eddy

Trending Topics

Old 30 April 2006, 08:24 PM
thedeester1
Scooby Regular

Where do you live?
Old 30 April 2006, 08:55 PM
eddysti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by thedeester1
Where do you live?
atherton,nr manchester.
Old 30 April 2006, 08:59 PM
thedeester1
Scooby Regular

I live near doncaster in south yorkshire. You could borrow mine for a test. I would need a deposit though. Sorry but im just a bit warey of you going for a test drive with my MAF and not comming back! I have a 95wrx waggon as far as i know they are the same the main difference is the turbo!