Notices

Help car gone mad!!

Search this Thread

Old 13 April 2006, 09:11 PM
scooby dancer
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Help car gone mad!!

I have made and fitted a new turbo inlet pipe and moved the breathers to a catch can so inlet only has maf and idle air feed (will upload pics when finished) problem is that the car runs fine off boost but on spool it loses power jurks spits and spluters all over the place have checked everything twice over would this be an air leak i have missed (inlet not holding charge) or could it be a maf fault from being messed with although no error code any help apreciated ?????
Old 13 April 2006, 09:44 PM
neonfury
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby dancer
I have made and fitted a new turbo inlet pipe and moved the breathers to a catch can so inlet only has maf and idle air feed (will upload pics when finished) problem is that the car runs fine off boost but on spool it loses power jurks spits and spluters all over the place have checked everything twice over would this be an air leak i have missed (inlet not holding charge) or could it be a maf fault from being messed with although no error code any help apreciated ?????
have you got a boost gauge? If so, what psi/bar are you producing? Sounds like you are over boosting etc. back track on what you've done and have another look. Its really easy to rip stuff apart and put in new mods without realising what you've actually done ;-) believe me I always do it!
Old 13 April 2006, 10:08 PM
scooby dancer
Scooby Regular

Have checked everything twice over it should produce 1.1bar but once gauge goes over 0 it gets to about 2-3 psi feels like hitting a brick wall drops power / jerks all over the place but if you back off keep it off boost it drives fine afr is a bit rich so think its a pre turbo air leak or a dodgy maf or worst case turbo.
any one help with this please?????
Old 13 April 2006, 10:12 PM
scooby dancer
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by neonfury
have you got a boost gauge? If so, what psi/bar are you producing? Sounds like you are over boosting etc. back track on what you've done and have another look. Its really easy to rip stuff apart and put in new mods without realising what you've actually done ;-) believe me I always do it!
Its not overboost and have done the breather/catch can mod on several imprezas, only changed inlet pipe as stock one split but thanks for reply.
Old 13 April 2006, 10:38 PM
scooby dancer
Scooby Regular

bttt any help on this???